Carolina just locked up the #1 recruiting class...

The Heels have landed the #1 rated power forward in the 2006 senior class in a shocking surprise. Brandan Wright of Tennessee had Carolina in his final three, but many thought the Heels trailed both Kentucky and Dook handily. However, following a weekend visit to Chapel Hill for Midnight Madness Wright committed to the Tar Heels.

Wright's commitment give the Tar Heels the #1 PF (#5 overall) in the 2006 class, the #1 SG (#4 overall) in Wayne Ellington, the #1 PG (#9 overall) in Tywon Lawson of Virginia, and #3 center (#22 overall) in Deon Thompson of Cali. They also have commitment from another top 50 recruit in Alex Stepheson of Cali and top 100 William Graves of North Carolina. Wright, Ellington, Lawson, and Thompson are all five-star recruits with Stephenson and Graves four-star recruits. You better get the Heels this year or forget about it...

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2006&pid=88

Looks like less PT for a player that went to the school I coached at. Copeland should do OK though! Look for Terry to have a big year, he really bulked up over the spring and summer. I wish Bohlander would have stayed to get a ring last year.

Anyone else here get the "bandwagon" name tag when you say that you like the Tarheels? I swear to you that really makes me mad.....

But what makes me even madder are those actual "bandwagon" fans....

like one of my "friends" started liking Carolina when they beat dook...Now hes saying tha UNC sucks and that dook is going all the way this year....that really burns my hide!

And what also makes me mad is when people talk about how bad Carolinas going to be...and im like umm...whos the National Champs...and they are like man that was last year

But if you look on the Calender it still says 2005 and the Tarheels are Champions untill someone else is. and i strongly think that carolina will beat dook at home this year and make it to atleast the sweet 16 under the leadership of the great Roy Williams...and the Senior leadership of David Noel!!

from what the news down here is sayin, my Volunteers have quietly put together perhaps the 3r or 4th best recruiting class in the country under new head coach Bruce Pearl..they've lost a few good ones to UNC, Duke etc etc but thats to be expected and UT basketball needs all the help they can get