for anyone with any football knowledge....

RenegadeFan

that might know,

Westside is from what i can tell unoffically at the 17th spot with a 4-4 ranking

what is the chance of them making a playoff appearance still yet with the likes of Summers Co. and Sissonville on there skd.?

i dont think WS is gonna make any noise in the playoffs and would be totally shocked if they get past the first rd. should they make it.

however is there a chance that they could make it and if so about how high the ladder could they go and who would they have the greatest chance of playing?

Well, going by the "unofficial" ratings posted on TSP.com, WS currenty has 44 points. By defeating both Summers Co. and Sissonsville, you will pick up another nine points for each victory. However, you won't pick up any bonus points from either due to the fact both are winless. You could pick up bonus points from defeated teams...Gilbert (vs. Man and Mount Hope), PikeView (vs. Independence), and Wyoming East (vs. Independence and Liberty-Raleigh).

If WS wins both games and gets maximum bonus points possible...they would finish with a rating of 6.7, very close to #16 in the final rankings. As a comparison, Bluefield could lose their last two games and still finish with a rating of no worse than 6.77.

Honestly, at this point, its almost impossible to say for sure due to the number of games left to be played.

I am guessing if you win out it would be possible to sneak in at 15 or 16 hard to say at this point, but they are definitely a "bubble" team. On the downside it could mean a long trip to Wayne or Weir, and most likely an even longer ride home. But hey you could say "we made the playoffs." smile.gif