Congratulations to the 2005 SWD Champions!!!

BigD4VT

cc is a good team no matter what anyone says, the secondary isnt weak, i mean look we havent gave up a touchdown till last friday so the secondary isnt weak it just was the one that gave the touchdown up. we just got work harder and take one week at a time......

It wasn't the secondary's fault they gave up that td against carroll.. i saw it on wdbj7.com, it was a really bad pass, and somehow lamb jumped up and come down with it around 4 richlands people...

Congratulations indeed! Awesome season. Only seen the first game against Gate City but with your size and those supportive Richlands fans I think and hope you guys can make it to the final and bring home the trophy. Stay focussed on the task at hand each week and you will make it to game 14.

i dont think when ppl said that richlands secondary was week they where meaning that they couldnt do the job(b/c they have all year) but more along th lines of thats were u need to improve on the most.

But I don't think that is where we need to improve the most. They allowed one towchdown pass, and by my understanding it was a jump ball that anyone could have came down with (I didn't see it). I think the area we need to imporve the most is our redzone offense, and holding on to the ball.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the area we need to imporve the most is our redzone offense, and holding on to the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know If its true, but I hear alot of things about Mance going to the shotgun and trying to pass or hand off the ball right near the goaline and in short yardage situations... with the line RIchlands have, why not go power I, and hand the ball off. In the Tazewell game the smartest thing they did was when they put # 34 in there and did simple handoffs and he plowed his way into the endzone.Play calling almost lost them the game last year against Bassett, I just hope that don't happen to them this year later on.

[ QUOTE ]

if we had lance ayers we would have put up 15 more points friday night...

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but I'm sure CC thought they were about to tie the game since they had Lance, but it didn't turn out that way. You need a strong offense in the redzone so the game dosn't depend on one player. Thats alot of pressure for one young man to be under. But really looking back we havn't been in alot of goal-line situations this season, I'm sure there has been a few, but for the most part aot of our touchdowns have came on long plays, or at least from 10-15 yards out, where a Shotgun formation can still work.

Put all the 300 # + fellows on the goaline offense and put Payne, Gayheart, "Big House" or G Arms in @ fullback, Harrison @ tailback and then see who has enough nerve to try and stop a blast play inside the tackles.