All-Highlands Distirct

zach

Coach told me who made all highlands district today, so here it is... I dunno some of thems name though...

QB- 1st Purdue Lee 2nd Henderson Abingdon

HB- Three 1st place nominees- Casrson from AHS the guys from Lee and VA High

WR-Bailey and a guy from VA High

O-Line-2 guys from VA, one from Lee and two from Marion (Call)

D-Line- Crabtree and me from AHS, and Walt and a DE from VA High

LB- Stowers from AHS, Woods brothers from VA High, and one from Lee

The rest I dunno about...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

All highlands. Thats like making 3rd team all SW district.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on...Don't start this stuff again. These kids are great atheletes and deserve all the recognition they get.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahhahaahhahaahhaha!

Rule #1 for a head coach is not to release the all district team before every team in the district has been elimated from the playoffs. Apparently Coach Gregory didn't know this!! I guess it must be different at the college level. Also, the use of the F-word was more apparent in his vocabulary. Again something that was different went you are coaching men and not young high school players. That's two rule Coach Gregory didn't know about. I'm sure he has learned alot this year as the falcons coach but all will be well because he has his own football videos. Alot of the area coaches should buy them so they can be at the top of their game... Maybe Terry Smith will buy them in the off-season!! So he can successfully defend that highly prestigious highlands district crown.

[ QUOTE ]

Rule #1 for a head coach is not to release the all district team before every team in the district has been elimated from the playoffs. Apparently Coach Gregory didn't know this!! I guess it must be different at the college level. Also, the use of the F-word was more apparent in his vocabulary. Again something that was different went you are coaching men and not young high school players. That's two rule Coach Gregory didn't know about. I'm sure he has learned alot this year as the falcons coach but all will be well because he has his own football videos. Alot of the area coaches should buy them so they can be at the top of their game... Maybe Terry Smith will buy them in the off-season!! So he can successfully defend that highly prestigious highlands district crown.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't release it, he told me and I told people, so get mad at me than. Also, what do you mean use of the F-word? I don't know what you mean by that. Can you explain? Thanks

Tid Bit, thats very funny, considering Tazewell was worse off a couple of years ago than most Highlands teams, and coming off one good season and one ok season makes yall good? Also, ask Tazewells players, I know Abingdon played them hard, so why be a **** about kids playing a game. You can tell you don't play anymore, a**

zach, I guess that just shows how immature and trustworthy you are!! He had enough faith in you to keep your mouth shut and you go and post it on this message board.. like i said he's coaching high school chaps now and not at the college level. I've heard from more than one person that Coach cussed you all out at halftime and after the game more than a couple of times this season.

• 2 weeks later...

All-Highlands

First Team:

Offense

QB- Matt Perdue, Lee High

RB- Allan Eccleston, Va High; Jared Will, Lee High; Duran Carson, Abingdon

TE- Randy White, Va High

WR- Adam Sullins, Va High; Tyler Bailey, Abingdon

T- Aaron Hall, Va High; Lee Cooper, Lee High

G- Jimmy Cheers, Va High; Nathaniel Call, Marion

C- Brett Harmon, Marion

K- Mike Cisneros, Marion

KR- Adam Sullins, Va High

Defense

DB- Chris Carter, Va High; Adam Sullins, Va High; Tyler Spencer, Marion; Cubby Scholl, Lee High

LB- Stephen Woods, Va High; Daniel Woods, Va High; Frank Sabbatini, Lee High; Michael Stowers, Abingdon

DE- Cody Almany, Va High; Shane Crabtree, Abingdon

DT- Walt Pearson, Va High; Stephen Taylor, Lee High; Zack Arms, Abingdon

P- Zak Messer, Va High

Second Team:

Offense

QB- Adam Henderson, Abingdon

RB- Joseph Cornett, Marion; Hank Middleton, Lee High

WR- Chaz Garrett, Lee High; Adam Richardson, Marion

T- Kris Price, Abingdon

C- T. J. Thomas, Lee High

Defense

DB- Wesley Croson, Marion; Drew Wilson, Abingdon

LB- Robbie Stout, Va High; Chris Thomas, Lee High

DE- Brad Newton, Lee High

Offensive Lineman of the Year: Jimmy Cheers, Va High

Offensive Back of the Year: Allan Eccleston, Va High

Offensive Player of the Year: Allan Eccleston, Va High

Defensive Lineman of the Year: Walt Pearson, Va High

Defensive Back of the Year: Stephen Woods, Va High

Defensvie Player of the Year: Stephen Woods, Va High

Coaching Staff of the Year: Virginia High

I say give Coach another chance.I also hear Coach has some sugar daddy's that are going to put new grass on the FB field. I say let him bring Vaught in as an asst. coach it would help turn the Falcons out.

I don't see the point in constantly putting down the Highlands District football teams. You are insulting a group of high school kids. There are many sports that many Southwest District schools don't do nearly as well as the Highlands District Schools. There are other sports that the Southwest District can't compete with the Piedmont District in. The Southwest District is better than the Highlands in football. Whoooptie friggin doooo! Everybody knows it, so why keep insulting these kids. I challenge someone to tell me one sport other than football that the Southwest District is better at than both the Highlands and Piedmont.

It doesn't matter if the highlands is bad in football, they still are a distric (with a playoff team) and they give all distric honors. If he wants to show everyone who made it, what's wrong with that? I'm sick of hearing the same stuff, "the highlands sucks" all the time. There's no need to say bad things about the distric, because in saying that you are saying bad stuff about all the kids.

1. They won thier distric

2. It don't matter if the highlands is bad or whatever, they finished 4th in the ratings for Region 4 Div. 3. Its not like they were keeping Grundy or Dan River from making the playoffs just because they won the highlands.

Thats why I said it. But I do agree with EH31 that its rediculous how some of the SWD fans act twards The Highlands District, when you down the district that bad, you might as well being saying it to these kids faces. They work just as hard as any of the theams in the SWD, and they don't deserve the criticism they get from any of us.