Any comments on the play calls last night

StormMaster

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you think you can do a better job EH31, then take that up with Coach Mance? I agree some calls were questionable, but we got a W, can't you appreciate that. It's hard to beat a good team twice!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I find FUNNY...

Someone from Pocahontas, a school that has won 7 games in five years, is talking junk about a coach's play calling...not just any coach but the coach of a team that is now 12-0 this year, won Region IV D4 last year, and has made the playoffs each of the last five seasons.

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Amazing.. thats what i thought about that halfback pass

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had worked, it would have been the second greatest call of the year...right behind the on-side kick to start the second half. Coaches know what they are doing...they are not out there calling plays trying to lose the game. The play didn't work for reasons other than the coach calling it...bad pass by the player, good play by the defense to get the INT., etc...

[ QUOTE ]

Coaches know what they are doing...they are not out there calling plays trying to lose the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best comment in this thread!!! (even though I didn't like the call either)

that's true, but why not put your team in a better position to score? he might've been thinking different than I am or seen something i didn't, but when a QB as big as McCracken why not do qb sneaks? or FB's as strong as Harrison and Payne why not FB dives? I'm not saying that he called a terrible game, or he is a bad coach, I'm just saying some of the calls he had were very "questionable" at the most. He did call some plays very good, like the screen to jennings that caught graham off guard. I think almost everyone knew that the onside kick was coming, especially everybody around me. It was a great kick by #6.

well i have been on both sides of course fans question play calling, and coaches question thereself after the fact. the pitch out pass was not the call i would have made, but if it had worked it was the best call in the world. we are not at practice 5 and 6 days a week with these boys. we do not see all they can or cannot do. i have watched coach mance now for 3 years and 6-5,11-2 and now 12-0 most teams would kill for a coach this bad. so instead of downing thim i will say they are doing a great job.

Personally I have had the "pleasure" of calling a game and I did not like the offensive side, Gimme the D any day. With that being said if you went to the Salem game last year who would have called that WR option play for 15 yards and a Score???? Mance isn't ignorant he is just a bit conservative at this point and rightfully so. Got to keep players healthy and protect the ball.