How much credit do I get here?

RichlandsAlum

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I was the first person to predict Saturday's matchup (and I've got a post from 8/22 to back up my claim).

Do I get anything special for my powers of prognostication? Choice seats for Saturday? A free hot dog at King Kone? Anything????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully just a long ride home back to Bedford....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I was the first person to predict Saturday's matchup (and I've got a post from 8/22 to back up my claim).

Do I get anything special for my powers of prognostication? Choice seats for Saturday? A free hot dog at King Kone? Anything????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully just a long ride home back to Bedford....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a given regardless of the outcome.

I have the unique position of being terribly unpopular all around this week. I'm convinced that Richlands isn't taking this game as seriously as they should, so I feel obligated to point out the fact that Liberty has the weapons to win this game convincingly.

My neighbors here in Bedford aren't happy with the fact that I keep telling them that Region IV teams play pretty good football, too. Of course, I'm not sharing any intelligence with them. If they want to underestimate the Blues, that's fine with me.

Win or lose, I'll be cheering for the Blues. Should be a truly classic game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that Richlands isn't taking this game as seriously as they should

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you baseing that on? What has you convinced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of things...

Comments made by Ron Brown and Dave Cox on WGTH Friday night. Those guys were already talking about their travel itinerary for Lynchburg.

I'm also aware of the fact that Mance scouted Liberty against Brookville this season. My intelligence indicates that he left at halftime because he'd "seen all he needed to see." That game became really interesting in the second half. If he's basing his game plan on what he saw, RHS will be flying blind.

As I've said elsewhere, I think both sides are overlooking one another. Bottom line, is that I think that's more perilous for RHS than Liberty.

[ QUOTE ]

Comments made by Ron Brown and Dave Cox on WGTH Friday night. Those guys were already talking about their travel itinerary for Lynchburg.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked they arent on the roster for Richlands, and they wont be on the field playing the game on saturday.

hey i got something to point out, i dont care what everyone on the radio says but coming from one of this years seniors at RHS "we arent over lokking liberty, we take one game at a time, and this one right here is for all the marbles, they are good, ITS WIN OR GO HOME TIME", so dont think we are overlooking anyone......

[ QUOTE ]

hey i got something to point out, i dont care what everyone on the radio says but coming from one of this years seniors at RHS "we arent over lokking liberty, we take one game at a time, and this one right here is for all the marbles, they are good, ITS WIN OR GO HOME TIME", so dont think we are overlooking anyone......

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

All kinds of hyperbole flying around both camps Friday night. Now that both staffs have looked at film, it appears that things are settling down a lot. Quote from the Liberty camp is that Richlands is "the biggest high school team we've ever seen."

Ought to be a humdinger on Saturday, that's for sure.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

All kinds of hyperbole flying around both camps Friday night. Now that both staffs have looked at film, it appears that things are settling down a lot. Quote from the Liberty camp is that Richlands is "the biggest high school team we've ever seen."

Ought to be a humdinger on Saturday, that's for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's wonderful that Liberty isn't overlooking Richlands. The blues do take one game at a time and overlook no one. Unlike a lot of other teams, they aren't cocky, they are very classy and respectful.

I don't rightly know where Bedferd is , but it must be a long ways away if they got some hyperbole birds flying around. What do they look like? Canaries? Crows? Caymans? About all we got round here are some buzzards that eats up the dead deer carcases and some pigeons down on the King Kone lot. Richlands Aluminum, don't be bringing none of them poetrys that have that bird flu in here with you when you get in here on Saturday. By the way, the King Kone has done lost their world's greatest hot dog title to A & W which opened up last week in the old LJS's. I suggest you get your hot dog and a frosty one there.

I went before and after the game at A&W - Long John's. That food is great! I didn't like the hotdog's too much but the bacon cheesburger was the best i ever had. I like the old time feel of it and how they use mugs,

I wish Wimpes was still around. Because if Liberty In the Bedford beat us we could whip a bunch of 30 second men over there just like one time back before RHS Allumen was born a group of william Fiiming fans whipped Kelly Mut and Charley I am not a Red goose blakenship neck after a game they called. I just none of those Salem Fans whip the Supper crew up there Sat. in a strip joint after they cheat the Spartans. I just hope that Salem AD does not take care of them that bunch might not come home they would stay up in the star city with her.

From your post, one could reasonably assume that you have spent a lot of time in Wimpys sampling the Falls City beer, playing cards in the back room, and fighting in the parking lot. Insinuations of cheating have long permeated the ranks of official's calls, and right or wrong, are part of the official's persona. For instance, I was at the Marion - Chilhowie JV girls basketball scrimmage Monday and a former RHS coach (I might add during the Vault era), RHS AD and THS Asst Principal was calling the game. The score was 44 to 4 and one of the fans was so disgruntled she took her glasses off and placed them over his head. I am sure the gentlemen selected to officiate the Salem game this weekend will be among the best in Virginia. At this level, officials of this caliber are referred too as 'sunshine crews'.

If you look at that crew I think Supper crew fits them better.The white hat the one in the middle and the one in the back look like they have never missed a meal. and the one on the end has been so upset over UT football this year he can't eat. And the other one is fat because of eating all of James Wods pision at the prison. I hope them boys get up there at the star city on 14th street and get what they deserve.