fsu

dink38

90bhsgrad, quit jumping on the fsu bandwagon. haven't you shed enough tears about VT whipping your boys, WVU. focus on what your boys did, riding the "anybody but tech" train only proves you're a loser.

[ QUOTE ]

90bhsgrad, quit jumping on the fsu bandwagon. haven't you shed enough tears about VT whipping your boys, WVU. focus on what your boys did, riding the "anybody but tech" train only proves you're a loser.

[/ QUOTE ] not trying to start anything but WVU is going to a bcs bowl tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] not trying to start anything but WVU is going to a bcs bowl tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What an incredible conference they won to get to that BCS bid. They just edged out the might South Florida Bulls.

BTW, who is the only team to beat WVU this season?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Bandwagon????I've been a Fsu Fan for about twenty years!!!!!!!!!!! Bandwagon is what most Vt fans are! 10-12 years ago you never saw all this tech crap so be careful who you call loser there sport!!!!!!! I'll let you know when Tech can play big boy games ok.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an incredible conference they won to get to that BCS bid. They just edged out the might South Florida Bulls.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah Tech had a amazing record against Florida based schools this year did't they ????????????????????????????

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah Tech had a amazing record against Florida based schools this year did't they ????????????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that got to do with the fact that WVU won a lame conference?

Guest JJBrickface

You might say the Big East is lame but the ACC is no power conference. An 8-4 team in the BCS? Maybe I am crazy but I thought Duke was a powerhouse in football, or maybe Maryland, NC State> Wake Forest? UVA? What a GREAT conferecne. Come to think about it the best teams in the ACC came from the Big East.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll vouch for 90bhsgrad...he's been an FSU fan as long as I've known him...

That's exactly the point: the ACC is now a power conference BECAUSE it took three of the four best football teams from the Big East. The fact that an 8-4 Florida State team can make the BCS attests to the fact that the ACC is strong enough that nearly and team can beat another team on any given day (sorry Dukies, that's why I said "nearly"). It speaks volumes when the third worst team in your conference is 5-6. Virginia was 6-5, NC State was 6-5, Wake Forest is 4-7 (they've declined SO much over the past five years), Maryland's 5-6 (but will be much better next year, look at Vernon Davis). Duke is, of course, 1-10, but every conference has a team like this. Mississippi State is in the ballpark of 3-8 in the SEC. Arkansas was 3-8, and Kentucky was 3-8. Is the SEC a "weak" conference? Of course NOT.

I'll put my feet to the coals and say the ACC was the 2nd toughest football conference in the nation this year PER CAPITA of strong teams, next to the SEC. Someone may argue for the Pac-10, and they'd have a case with USC and Oregon. However, you have three flat out AWFUL teams at the bottom of that division in Washington State, Washington, and Arizona. As I've said earlier, anyone but Duke has a shot to beat anybody else on any given week. Yes, the Big East has lost a LOT of prestige, but the ACC IS a great conference, regardless of what some may believe.

I disagree that an 8-4 FSU team proves that the ACC is a power house football conference. The ACC is definetly a great football conference but FSU making a BSC bowl at 8-4 doesn't prove that. All that proves is once again how screwed up the BSC is. I don't like VT at all but it is sad when one game decides whether or not you go to a BCS bowl after the kind of season they had. Obviously a playoff system is the solution most people want to see but it is pitiful that a team not even ranked in the top 25 before the ACC championship game ends up going to a BCS bowl. Texas and USC are the two best teams so for once there will be no squable over the champion but the BCS has once again showed that its system has major flaws.

I don't care for the conference championship game either. Theoretically a 6-5 team could upset an 11-0 team to steal a BCS bid. I used to be in favor of bowls over playoffs but the BCS computers and conference championship games have screwed up everything. I really want a 16 team playoff now.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you vouch for me in saying that GATOR NATION beat two conference champs this year. It's nice to be back on the way up.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care for the conference championship game either. Theoretically a 6-5 team could upset an 11-0 team to steal a BCS bid. I used to be in favor of bowls over playoffs but the BCS computers and conference championship games have screwed up everything. I really want a 16 team playoff now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you start a playoff, you're going to see more 6-5 and 7-4 teams beating 1 and 2 loss teams. The closer we get to a playoff, the more of what happened Saturday night you'll see.

I'm not really concerned about what happened Saturday night. Tech just blew it like they did against Miami. They deserved the BCS last year but this year they don't. Not that an 8-4 FSU is any more deserving but that just goes back to what's wrong with the BCS. Let's devise a points system and take the top-16 teams into the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not really concerned about what happened Saturday night. Tech just blew it like they did against Miami. They deserved the BCS last year but this year they don't. Not that an 8-4 FSU is any more deserving but that just goes back to what's wrong with the BCS. Let's devise a points system and take the top-16 teams into the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, Tech didn't "blow it", Saturday or against Miami. Those teams made a concious effort to stuff VPI's rushing offense, and made Vick throw deep passes into man coverage down field. The two games (FSU, Miami) showed the same defensive blueprint.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you vouch for me in saying that GATOR NATION beat two conference champs this year. It's nice to be back on the way up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, you are definitely a "Gay-turd" fan...how bad do they miss VisorBoy in Gainesville???

I'm not sure which is more annoying...the Seminole "chant" or the Gator "bite"...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, you are definitely a "Gay-turd" fan...how bad do they miss VisorBoy in Gainesville???

I'm not sure which is more annoying...the Seminole "chant" or the Gator "bite"...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got you something you can bite, right here little man!

BTW, did you remember to pick up your plane tickets to Jacksonville 2 for 1 for your return trip to the GATOR Bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, I personally would like to have Darth Visor back in the saddle with the Fun & Gun. I don't really like watching Meyers offense struggle at times. But it sure beats the hell outta three bubble screens and a punt.

[ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, Tech didn't "blow it", Saturday or against Miami. Those teams made a concious effort to stuff VPI's rushing offense, and made Vick throw deep passes into man coverage down field. The two games (FSU, Miami) showed the same defensive blueprint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the first half against FSU and I haven't seen the stats, but Tech didn't try to run the ball against Miami.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, did you remember to pick up your plane tickets to Jacksonville 2 for 1 for your return trip to the GATOR Bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't need tickets, got my own "private plane" taking to me to J'ville...