Pathetic dookies storm court after beating VT...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be the end of the world when the dookies storm the court after beating a team picked to finish in the lower part of the ACC this year. I got a huge laugh out of that and I still have a grin on my face. It's like the VT students rushing the field after beating dook in football...

[ QUOTE ]

It tech was down, they threw a 99 yard hail mary pass to win the game. You couldnt tell me they wouldnt storm the field...

[/ QUOTE ]

Against dook, hell no they wouldn't. The fans including myself would be too freakin' pissed at a Hokie team for allowing dook to play them close enough to where they needed a last second touchdown to win. In a situation like that, a win would be the same as a loss.

And in the final two minutes Tech sliced through that dook defense like a hot knife through butter in going from 11 points down to one point up...

Hey Sparky!!! It's called young kids and emotion. 'Cause buzzer beaters are never exciting right? Btw I think I just heard another Tech wideout crying right now Enjoy that peach Bowl or what every game Beamers boy's are going to!!

are u saying UNC fans are like dukes and get to excited about a win because we just won the national championship and we dont get ranked... esspecally after looses by 4 to #12 and winnin#10 i believe that shows how bad the ranking system is

They're a complete team, with great senior leaders. I realize they play some freshman in McRoberts and Paulus, but those are 2 very good freshman. If a game come down to the wire they have the best shot to win i think out of all the teams, because almost everybody on the floor can dominate. No one can argue Redick and Williams, but also they have Dockery & Melchioni who can knock down big shots. Leadership on the floor and off(coach K) is why I think they'll probobly win the National Championship.

I hate it how people make UNC seem like they have the best fans in the world and they'd never harm a fly..

Thats bull, If UNC was in our posistion playing tech at home. I'd put money it it that UNC would rush the court...There teenagers most of them, not fully grown adults...There kids let them have fun and stop complaining just because they took the court. Only certain individuls would make a huge deal over this. Right BluefieldRules?

Guest JJBrickface

I'm neither a UNC or Duke fan but most likely if you hit a game winning buzzer beater of that magnitude then your fans will rush the court. If Duke won by 10 they would not have rushed but it was based on the half court shot. Plus I am college kid and I know that us students look for reasons to rush the court. smile.gif

I've been a Carolina fan since I was old enough to know what basketball was and have watched every single televised Carolina game since I was 10 years old. And Carolina has never rushed the court after beating an opponent they were suppose to beat outside of Dook. It just doesn't happen in Chapel Hill. The only team they rush the floor after beating in Chapel Hill is Dook, just as they do at Dook when they defeat Carolina.

A prime example, back in 1993 #1 UNC trailed then #12 FSU by 25 points with 14 minutes to play in the second half. Carolina staged an unreal comeback that was capped in the closing seconds by a George Lynch steal and dunk. No one rushed the floor then, it's all about expectations. Again, they just don't rush the floor in Carolina for anyone outside of Dook.

i know what you mean that sort of disturbed me a little bit when they made that comment about unc and they probably dont watch half of the unc games i havent missed one in since i was 8

[ QUOTE ]

Duke is having some tough games early in the season

I don't think they will finish in the top 15 comes season end....,

I'll put 10 bucks on that beaverbaseball...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, u already owe me $25 for UNC winning the National Championship..Don't think I forgot about that

I wouldnt really care if JJ Redick fell and broke his leg, and on the way down tried to catch himself and broke his arm, hand, and all 5 fingers on his shooting hand...

Seriously.

As for Greg Paulus and Josh McRoberts, they are just future Reddicks...Cocky, bad sports, and bad actors...

Yea well, I hate dook