Giles-Manassas Park

mountainman63

Does anyone have any thoughts on this game? 2 opposite styles of football. Speed vs power. Giles should be a very good example of what southwest Virginia smashmouth football is all about. Hope we can play our best game and bring it back home.

giles will have to get off to an good start! manassas park beat undefeated goochland and then took out chatham! chatham took out gretna in the first round and both of those teams beat william campbell, who beat giles!

[ QUOTE ]

Not many people on this board even though giles is in this area, but good luck to them and hopefully they're can be 2 state champions in this region!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget about J.I. Burton from Norton...

[ QUOTE ]

I guess you could be counting them as one of the two, and counting Riclands out...but I dont think you would do such a thing...lol

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah that's what i was thinking.. j/k lol But i think its been a successful rear for the area teams, with 4 teams going to state championship, graham whos 3 losses came to teams that went to the state, tazewell- after losing all those seniors and still finishing up with a good record. Rural retreat making it to the semi finals - & Haysi. Many more teams had great years too. Congratulations to all the area teams for succesful seasons!