Redick Scores 41 as Duke destroys Texas

rebel05

J.J. Redick scored 41 points while Duke beat Texas like a drum 97-66. Redick connected on a carrer high 9 three pointers and had 22 points at the half. Sheldom Williams was a preseance in side he had 5 blocks not exactly sure how many points but i think it was in the 20's. This should prove to the doubters that DUKE is the best team in the country with the countries best player(s).

If that win proves they are head and shoulders above the competition then does VT deserve to be ranked #2 now since they were 1 fluke shot away from beating them? Memphis 3rd since they only lost by 3? You cant judge expectations by 1 game, certainly not after they have had so many close ones..

And Reddick still isnt as good as Morrison. Better rebounder and defender and he has already dropped 43 twice and a game winning 3 today.

let me guess, you are a carolina fan, because you are giving Duke no credit. Morrison is a good player but lets look at this, He scored 43 in a triple OT game against Mich St. He scored 43 in a loss to Washington. Redick scored 41 against the 2nd rank team in the country and played 38 mins and Duke won by 31. Hmmmm!!!

im a pretty big fan of morrison myself. but he's no redick! if you ask the majority of ppl who know anything about the game and that keep up with college basketball im sure the majority will say that redick is undoubtably the best shooter in the nation. and another game i was truely surprised by was the unc illinois game. even tho it was a while back. unc isn't going to be a push over this year either i believe. but anyway back to duke. i agree with everybody on this thread just about. duke is the #1 team and i look for them to stay that way for a while.

Statesman...You must have missed the discussion most of us had on who was the most COMPLETE player in the nation...I have said that Reddick is the best SHOOTER in the country but he isnt the best OVERALL player in the country. That goes to Morrison or Rudy Gay of UCONN.

Duke played well yesterday but you also have to look at how bad Texas shot in the 2nd half. Most are probably gonna give the Duke D credit (which they deserve SOME) but anybody that has played basketball know that you have spells where you couldnt throw the ball into the ocean if you tried. However, I didnt think and still dont think Texas is/was worthy of the #2 ranking.

Give Duke's D some credit.. Give them all the credit. Texas didnt have a wide open look in the second half that is the reason they shot so bad! But I do agree that Texas is not the 2nd best team in the country. That honor goes to UCONN, but they are a distant second.

YOu know, Duke SHOULD be UNC this year, but my Baby Heels are playing above and beyond expectations! All I can say is get your licks in now because it will be a LONG time before Duke will get another chance.

one game dont decide how well a player plays overall who knows he might have been the one to carry them.. but one thing is for certain, Duke fans are gettin way to cocky i just cant wait for a team to bring them back down.

and duke's like what 10 games into the season?give em a chance... they beat the #2 team already and the #5(i think)(memphis).. its still early and everyone's writing off when they arguably have the best talent in the country..(just like unc did last year) I thought UNC was ranked # 1 for a long time? but the point is, you're gonna say UNC proved thier selves last year, give duke a chance man.. so what the only beat tech by 1.. have we forgot about santa clara grin.gif