Bluefield 54, Graham 30--FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

Yep, we were right behind them...

It was pretty intense,

They have a player on there team called hoosier,

and graham says something like "hoosier daddy" like who's your daddy..

and we had a sign that said "Who's your daddy G-men? then the back said WE ARE....It was pretty fun though. I had a good time

[ QUOTE ]

I want to know how many rebounds Matthews

Rules it looks like he shaped up in the offseason, he was playing without any distractions tonight...Thats for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him at the Community Center in the spring and during the summer before I moved, he was lifting weights and running. I also saw him playing against some of the big boys from BSC and BC as well as former Bluefield players. So I'm sure that had to toughen him up and make him better.

[ QUOTE ]

and dont take this anyway racial, but he's like the only white player on the team...

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is the ONLY reason he doesn't start and/or get more time on Varsity.

Did any of you know that Kyle was named an "All-American", top honor, at a very prestigious, invitation only basketball camp this summer that had most of the top high school players in the country??? Obviously those guys running the camp could see his ability, otherwise he would not have earned that honor. Its a real shame that the Bluefield coach can't see it...its as easy to see as black and white..

[ QUOTE ]

I also saw him playing against some of the big boys from BSC and BC as well as former Bluefield players. So I'm sure that had to toughen him up and make him better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope its starting to make me tougher...yea right.

It is really sad!! Gilliard has to recognize the talent that is right in front of him. The team was flat and could not get going Friday night, Hammond came in and BOOM. Two quick baskets and tight play on D, and not to mention getting the crowd in the game. By the 5th game or so, if he is only playing Hammond 8-10 minutes, Gilliard will start hearing it from the fans. Coach G, if you read this board, do the RIGHT thing. Hammond if you are reading this, keep busting butt and hustling. You ARE the man....

[ QUOTE ]

wow GMan, i've never saw a graham fan wanting to see a good bluefield player come into the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more than that, I've known Kyle for a long, long time. I know how hard he has worked on his game and what type of player he really is and for the Coach at Bluefield not to see this is a real shame. But like I said, I've seen this before at Bluefield, under a different coach, but the same situation...Kyle doesn't need to work on his game, just his tan...

[ QUOTE ]

Its not like he didnt play at all GMan, i do agree he should have gotten more playing time. But i mean, the posistion he plays. I think the only reason somebody else plays there is because there faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't get it...the second best scorer and the best all-around player on ANY team should be a starter...PERIOD...regardless of his tan, or lack there of...too bad it is not like that at Bluefield High School...they will not win a State Championship again as long as they are coached that way...

He may be but he still scares me...

I dont understand of why he's raising cane. I mean yes, he should start. But Its not like he dont play. What exactly does starting Mean? it means your there for tipoff and from there on out you sub in and out. Its not that big of a deal as everybody is making it