Just how good was Turner Ashby?

Hurley Rebels

I watched the Richlands vs. Salem game. This years Richlands team was by far the best high school football team I've ever watched play. So what i was wanting is the lo-down so to speak on the Turner Ashby team, they had to be HECK of a football team to defeat the Blues 27-13!

I buy the turf argument because Turner Ashby was prepared to play on that infernal garbage and Richlands was not. I hope when the Blues have to play on turf again they'll just stay home and practice on grass. Having to go all the way to Wise to practice did more harm than good in my opinion. It was too much of a disruption.

yeah but both teams was on the turf so it should have even it out. ok im from richlands and im going to admitt it because its true. we didnt play like we could we went out there too cocky i beleve and they took the thropy away from us point blank. we wasnt the only team that weekend to get upseted.

another thing if we would have came out like we did with liberty the 1st it would have been over for turner ashby in my eyes liberty was a better team we just didnt play.

I'm a "glass is half-full guy." To me Richlands didn't go out and lose the game. TA went out and won a state title and they deserved it as well. As much as it hurt me to see the season end as it did, I really admired the way TA came out and played. I noticed before the game the way Coach Newman (TA'S head coach) spoke to every player in warm-ups and shook their hand. I knew at that moment, TA was ready to play. Richlands enjoyed a wonderful season and re-emphasized why we have one of the most revered programs in Southwest Virginia. Go Blues!

I saw that during warm ups another thing i saw was when the ta's team came out they hadx 2 cheerleaders doing backflips as fast a the guys could run right beside of them that was impressive and ta did show up to play.