• Clintwood Green Waves
    • Coeburn Blue Knights
    • Gate City Blue Devils
    • J.I. Burton Raiders
    • J.J. Kelly Indians
    • Pound Wildcats
    • Powell Valley Vikings

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say that Leinart is the better QB. The latest mock drafts have shown Young dropping as far as 10th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leinart is the better pro-style qb, without a doubt. All I have to say about Young is...MECHANICS, MECHANICS, MECHANICS! His are horrible and they will haunt him sometime during his NFL career.

Running for 200 yards against a rather vanilla and drab USC is a lot different than playing against NFL defenses. You think Young is gonna hit the corner when Julius Peppers is after him? Doubtful.

"Leinart is the better pro-style qb, without a doubt. All I have to say about Young is...MECHANICS, MECHANICS, MECHANICS! His are horrible and they will haunt him sometime during his NFL career"

no no no no no....when Vince Young does just drop back and sit...he is a good passer...and one thing that will take him farther than Leinart is because he is an even better passer on the run...that will help him greatly in the NFL because he will have guys comin after him all the time.....Young is better...Young is an accurate and prolific(sp) passer no one knows about it though because his first option is run....he is better....

You should really try to get a job with ESPN or a NFL team as a scout Beano. You are seeing some things that the experts dont even see. A good passer maybe but far from great. Leinart is the better pro style QB. Young's stock is dropping everyday. It is a real possibility that Jay Cutler of Vandy will be selected ahead of him.

[ QUOTE ]

You should really try to get a job with ESPN or a NFL team as a scout Beano. You are seeing some things that the experts dont even see. A good passer maybe but far from great. Leinart is the better pro style QB. Young's stock is dropping everyday. It is a real possibility that Jay Cutler of Vandy will be selected ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have a discussion with people on this board...thats pretty obvious....they won't take off the blinders and give credit to people beyond their favorite team.

dude im tellin you....Young may not go higher in the draft...but he WILL be more important to his NFL team...he is a "franchise" player while Leinart is just another normal QB...

[ QUOTE ]

dude im tellin you....Young may not go higher in the draft...but he WILL be more important to his NFL team...he is a "franchise" player while Leinart is just another normal QB...

[/ QUOTE ]

Take off your Texas hat and then we'll talk.

Your opinion is beyond biased...I'm not a fan of either team....but I watched them both play 10 or so games a piece this year...

Young, while he is a difference maker, is not going to be the type of qb that Leinart will. Leinart is going to be a Carson Palmer type of QB...Young, well...he is a poor mans Mike Vick at the moment.

If I'm starting an organization right now...I'd much rather have Palmer qbing for me...than Mr. Vick.

I'm not a Texas or USC fan and I believe Leinart will make a fine NFL QB. But his arm strength is not comparable to Palmer. Also, there is no way in this world you can compare Young to Vick. Vince Young is not a one dimensional player like Vick. If I was going to compare Young to anybody it would be Steve McNair.

Vince Young was the first player EVER in NCAA history to have 3000 yards passing and 1500 yards rushing in one season..thats a pretty impressive stat....he will be more important to his NFL team....

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Texas or USC fan and I believe Leinart will make a fine NFL QB. But his arm strength is not comparable to Palmer. Also, there is no way in this world you can compare Young to Vick. Vince Young is not a one dimensional player like Vick. If I was going to compare Young to anybody it would be Steve McNair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Young has more speed than McNair and is not half the the passer that McNair was coming out of college.

Leinarts arm strength is more than serviceable and has not been questioned.