Twin Springs Once Again Recruiting Players?

hhstigerfan

New topic on the BDD Board. http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/3310/t/611

First a transfer from Gate City, a transfer from Volunteer HS, and a kid from Yugoslavia last year, and now a new foreign exchange student coming to play basketball for TS this year. You would think the parents at TS would be getting a little tired of foreigners and kids from other schools taking playing time from the other TS players...

The only difference I see between the 2 teams is that TV's players actually want to come to school there! Their not recruited by the coach as in to say Twin Springs! Also all of TV's transfers had to appear before the school board to be cleared to transfer and play basketball. Therefore I believe it is unfair to make the assumption that TV recruits.

All.. i say all of Twin Valley players LIVE within the school boundaries and always have!! PERIOD... No recruiting what so ever was done.. The 2 players that played at Council and Grundy only came home!

Josh Looney who is in 9th or 10th grade lives at the airport...There are a lot of girls that play that went to school at Vansant, and live closer to prater. My neighbor plays on the J.V. team and I live in Vansant..A lot of people have transferred from Grundy to Twin Valley. I would be willing to bet that 1/4 of TV's enrollment is from people in the Vansant area.

That being said, TV does recruit in county anyways....

Lets talk about 9th grade or above.. If you know anything about VHSL rules, you'd know that where ever a player starts his 4 years of varsity sport.. thats where they go. Unless released by the local school board/supt. of schools or the vhsl itself. Kent and KT had to go before the school board to keep their elgibility. All those other kids started TV in the 7 or 8th grade. Which make it totally legal.

The post that was made was about Twin Springs, which you probably know nothing about, actually go after impact varsity players. Twin Valley does not. I'm sure the door is open at any school for kids athletic or not to come to school. Its up to the school board/supt. to look at the circumstances of the transfer... then make a ruling.

Now that being said, most parents do what they think is best for their kids. Theres nothing any body can do about it!!

Good luck regrouping for sat. game. Wonder who Carroll Co. has recruited!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck regrouping for sat. game. Wonder who Carroll Co. has recruited!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

babyblue, I hope the attitude that this sentence shows isnt the way it was meant to be interpreted. The players from Grundy have shown respect for the TV boys. Dont make it out to sound like we are making any excuses because we arent.

First of all.. i'm not a player and my post has nothing to do with the Twin Valley players or grundy players, schools or community.. i'm sure TV players give you all the same respect you give them which is the right attitude to have. I know they expect a game from you guys next time around! Thats respect in its self.. So, dont read anything into my sentence thats not there!! Cause theres not!

I'm a fan not a player or a coach (i do not represent or speak for any TV players or coaches.. My opinion is mine same as yours is yours).. and i truly hope you get it together for sats. big game.. Last nights over and move on..

My post was about the recruiting thats been done down at TS.. thats all.. nothing being thrown toward your team.

I'm sorry it might have sounded in a negative way to you.. but it wasnt mean that way at all...

Again, all i was refering to was recruiting.

Maybe some TS fans will come defend their position!! lol.. who know.. Good luck from here on out man!

I have enough legs to guard a whole team, I am 230 cm tall, and claws that can squeeze the air out of a ball! I got a hard shell and like to live where it is down and dirty. I will pinch the devil out of someone trying to box me out or throw me in boiling water. Who couldn't use me?

Not trying to add to the fire but twin valley isn't the only school in the county that has players that used to go to other schools and transferred to play sports....I personally know a few that go to grundy ...even though a couple of them moved to grundy later on but....I dont hold anything against the ones that left....if it really bothers u ppl just try your hardest to beat them if you play against them and leave it on the court.....