2006 SWD baseball

parsons

richlands has their perfect season j.v baseball team from year before last. graham should be decent. i figure tazewell to have a couple of good players, and carroll has willy yates. who is the true favorite in the district? i personally think the Null kid from richlands will have a huge impact. any replies??

Carroll should be very tough. I believe they return 8 starters from last years team. I believe they will be the early favorite. Richlands will be there with tons of talent from last years team and some good ones coming up. Need to find some consistent pitching because I believe they won't have any problems scoring runs this year.

i'm curious about richland's pitching...will they have enough to compete for the title? I know garret arms will be pretty good. I also worry about richlands scoring runs with the loss of keene, tatum and robinson....

what always gets me our JV when district almost every year,then when the same players reach the varsity level they can't seem to get over that hump,hopefully they will this year and will win the district and go to state.

1. Jennings

2. Null

3. Simmons

4. Garrett

5. Reynolds

6. Williams

7. Stanton

8. Smith

9. Miller

The bats are their to score runs but they might be in for some shootouts because besides Garrett the arms are thin again this year. Stanton pitched some last year. Then Kris Null and Nick Pruitt up from the JV team should do just fine. Got to find a couple more. Can DJ pitch? That's an idea I've heard before...

Richlands beat McDaniel, Wolfe, and Murray last season and they don't return with as a good of supporting cast as last year. Yates had our number last year. Carroll also pitched another one, maybe the SS.

I know at Caroll Yates came in to relieve and they won that one. We beat them at home last year, Yates started and then they brought the younger brother of a former CC pitcher into pitch. I can't remember who started the game at Carroll. It wasn't their number one starter, the guy who played third base and pitched againist us in the district tourney.

who's got the power hitters in the district? i only got to see one homerun last year (bear in mind i only got to go to svcc) and i think it was tatum who hit it. i know arms can go deep. i also read about the kid from tazewell that hit 4 or 5....

Simmons hit a couple last year. Reynolds and Williams both left the yard. Garrett and these three will be the power. Omar Reed had the most homers for Tazewell last year. He is gone along with a majority of the starters from Tazewell. Graham will have Yost and Murray but I don't believe either is a threat to go deep and Carroll will have more than one that can hit the long ball.

i would just like to see a team from this region do well at state....i'm going to try to take in a few games this year if my work schedule allows me to. i figure that stanton with his size might have some power too so i'm hoping that richlands might launch a few more than i got to see last year, lol

Guest old_school

Pitching has always doomed a SWD team win it comes to regional play. If a team could come up with three decent guy to pitch instead of one stud, they would have a better chance against Tunstall and other teams from the Piedmont.

I know someone that will be playing for Richlands that will be a spark. Chas Vencille. He is solid all around player. He has a storng arm for CF, speed for lead off, and good contact. I think he will start this year.

Vencille has great speed, and makes a perfect pinch runner and centerfielder. The coaching staff has been trying to get McCracken to play. He was a pithcher until he got into football. I think he would be a great reliever. The Blues have picked up another hopeful pitcher named Ryan Mullins.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't matter who you beat last year. Everyone is a year older which means they've probably gotten bigger and stronger. A kid that was 5'10 and 140# last year may be 6'2 and 185# this year. That could mean 5-10mph on a fastball. Last year don't mean squat.

• 1 month later...