06-07 grundy

statesman

The go to player will be Ashby. He will get the ball thrown his way often. McCowan is capable in the backfield as well as Ratliff. Demarco Owens will probably see some time as a tight end or fullback next season

Vandyke looked pretty good against Haysi he has talent but guys it"s gonna take several kids to step up to do the job..Ashby definitley has the tools id like to see him shine next year..Mcowan and Ratliff will complement each other...I see a lot of dedication in the weight room allready would like to see more lifting..

Bronson Brown has his turn this year if he can stay healthy and keep his head straight...Kevin Vandyke needs to be running the ball or they need to get the ball in his hands often...put it that way. McCowan is a tuff kid, but he needs to beef up some, he's a downhill runner and puts the ball on the ground too much for me to say he's the go to guy...i've heard Biliter is going to be a good prospect...Garon told me last year he would be good next year.

The only problem is the line...i think everyone saw this year what happens when you don't have one...Richlands, Graham, and Tazewell have physically dominate lines that can all play 4 quarters...Grundy will have to match that to compete at that level and it all starts in the weight room...and it will have to start with the 8th grade kids at some point...they will have to get together as a group and decide they want it...and then work for it...until that happens it's going to be hard going in the SWD for Grundy.

Ashby, the kid has all the natural ability in the world, but he is such a hot and cold receiver it's scary...he can light it up for 200 in a half then you never hear from him again...he's good for at least one big play a game...but he let's kids that are under 6ft cover him with ease and drops too many passes that hit him right in the hands...but when he's on...he's a legit threat. I think a lot of it is just time on the field...he's not played the game a lot up until the last few years and he should mature more this year...

I think the offensive line and who will step up and play LB next year will be the big questions. Grundy always seems to have at least 1 or 2 good quality RB's in the tank.

yeah...couple of years away for you guys though...but hit the weight room man...that's where it's at...the more time you spend in there doing serious workouts the more it will pay off for you in a couple of years. Take your friends with you when you work out and get as many involved in lifting as you can.

• 2 weeks later...