Grundy at Richlands ?????

porchy

It's senior nite and homecoming nite for Richlands tonite...the last time our seniors will play at RMS and i think they want to go out of there with a winning fashion since they have been so use to losing so much....dont think it will be a cake-walk for Grundy.!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We dont think it will be!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullentin board material right there...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is? That we dont think it will be a cake walk? How is that bullentin board material?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We dont think it will be!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullentin board material right there...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is? That we dont think it will be a cake walk? How is that bullentin board material?

[/ QUOTE ]

My fault. Missread the previous post. Thought you were saying it was going to be a cakewalk...

Someone wasn't very happy with the refs tonight.

Don't know how, but Grundy wins 73-71. Wave gets a bucket AND 2 free throws with :05 left to get their first lead of the night and Richlands misses the last shot.

I think the principals will meet Friday to determine who plays in a playoff game Sat. at Tazewell.

Good game by both teams. Hand it to Grundy for contining to fight. The press hurt Richlands tonight. But at the end I am not sure on a loose ball under the goal, that is on the floor, leads to someone shooting a two shot foul??

[ QUOTE ]

Church was going up for a lay-up on the baseline when the foul was whistled. There was no loose ball. Happened right in front of the bench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not like it matters now but we had video footage of the game and close up on that particular play and he didnt even have the ball in his hand for 3 seconds b4 the foul was called so really there was no possesion and therefore should not have been a shot foul BUT...it doesnt matter now so congrats to Grundy and Richlands for a hard fought last second game.

You dont have to have the ball for 3 secs to establish possession. You get the ball, you shoot it, get fouled in the process its a 2 shot foul unless you make the shot and it is a 1 shot foul. But your right, it doesnt matter.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Church was going up for a lay-up on the baseline when the foul was whistled. There was no loose ball. Happened right in front of the bench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not like it matters now but we had video footage of the game and close up on that particular play and he didnt even have the ball in his hand for 3 seconds b4 the foul was called so really there was no possesion and therefore should not have been a shot foul BUT...it doesnt matter now so congrats to Grundy and Richlands for a hard fought last second game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you that you had to have possession of the ball for 3 seconds before it can be considered a shooting foul??

Its not like the NFL where you have to catch the ball and make a football move to establish possession.

[ QUOTE ]

That's not wat i said...i said he clearly didnt have posession for at least 3 seconds.>>WHICH MEANS ***DID NOT*** have the ball when he was fouled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to control the ball for three seconds for it to be considered "having possession of the ball". All you have to do is have "control" of the ball (which can be as little as a few tenths of a second) in order to be in possession.

A good example of this would be when a ball is going out of bounds and a player grabs it and calls timeout at the same time. Since he has "control" of the ball, he has "possession" of it and is granted the timeout.

The issue is not control vs control. On the tape when the player goes up for the shot he does not have the ball, it is still on the floor. It was such a crowd in the lane that he really fakes out everyone and gets a foul called without even having the ball in his hands when he goes up. The issue really doesn't matter anymore because the game is not going to be changed. Just to clarify the situation. If you have access to a tape with the right angle you can see it easy.

[ QUOTE ]

The issue is not control vs control. On the tape when the player goes up for the shot he does not have the ball, it is still on the floor. It was such a crowd in the lane that he really fakes out everyone and gets a foul called without even having the ball in his hands when he goes up. The issue really doesn't matter anymore because the game is not going to be changed. Just to clarify the situation. If you have access to a tape with the right angle you can see it easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe as he started up to shoot the ball was knocked loose during the act of committing the foul...the players motion continued as if he was shooting, minus the ball, still "in the act" of shooting.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's not wat i said...i said he clearly didnt have posession for at least 3 seconds.>>WHICH MEANS ***DID NOT*** have the ball when he was fouled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to control the ball for three seconds for it to be considered "having possession of the ball". All you have to do is have "control" of the ball (which can be as little as a few tenths of a second) in order to be in possession.

A good example of this would be when a ball is going out of bounds and a player grabs it and calls timeout at the same time. Since he has "control" of the ball, he has "possession" of it and is granted the timeout.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not retarded i know wat possession means and what not. I was just sayin he didnt have the ball for 3 seconds i didnt mean to stir shit up, damn.