Magna Vista names new coach

pdman

At the Henry Co. school board meeting last night (Thurs. March 2) the replacement for Coach Beckleheimer was named. He is John Curia, and the local paper says he is coming to MV from Summers Co. HS in W.Va. The paper goes on to say he has 22 yrs. head coaching experience and that he has taken 2 different Va. schools to state championship games,Orange Co. in 1992(AA) and Dinwiddie HS in 2000(AAA).My question to anyone who knows, what style of Off. and Def. will he bring to MV and also any other imfo you can give us Warrior fans about our new coach would be greatly appreciated!!

I believe he was at Grundy at one time or another...help me out Buchanan Co. boys.

Not sure when he started coaching at Summers Co. but here is their record over the past five seasons...

2001...6-4

2002...6-4

2003...5-5

2004...1-9

2005...0-10

Orange lost to Richlands in the '92 State Title game.

The paper said that he was the Soutwest Dist. Coach of the year in 1985.Also was he the coach at Summers Co. the past few years? We were told that he had been out of coaching for a few years. The administration said that they had over 40 applicants for the job and that he was head and shoulders above the rest.

health problems???? He had a f'n bypass.

Curia has to know every greasy diner in the 2 Virginias.

He's been at Grundy, Turner Ashby, Orange, Warren Co., Dinwiddie, and Hinton/Summers Co... that I KNOW of, since 1980... who knows whre else.

I really don't know if he was ever in 1 place LONG enough to have a "system".

the by pass went fine. it was the infection that caused the other problems. then the first week of practice this year, he got ran over in practice during a play. the doctors gave him a choice, either quit coaching or die. easy choice in august. must be doing better now.