Good luck to the Bluefield Beavers today...

bluefieldRocks

Hey Brickface, I didn't bash Gilliard at any point in this thread. I simply stated fact, you don't get to the free-throw line when you're shooting jumpshots the entire game. I hate seeing that same ol' excuses of "we lost b/c of the officials," which I've seen a couple of you guys use in recent weeks.

Bluefield had their chances to win the game in the end. Missed shots, two turnovers inside the final two minutes with the game well in reach, and a very ill-advised three-point attempt by Brooks with the score 44-41 is what cost Bluefield the game. Gilliard put the team in a position to win, but they didn't make the plays necessary to win.

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah I haven't blamed officiating because I wasn't at the game ot see it. I agree that the reason we loss was because of poor shooting. I don't buy into the whole lane scenario. I just believe if you put any of us five out there we would shoot alot of threes because we couldn't get into the lane. Like I said if a few of those threes would have dropped then it is a different ball game. I am not blaming anyone, not the coaches, players or officiating.

Ok, I was at the game. Ravenswood drove the lane all day and CREATED the fouls. Ravenswood can shoot and executed to near perfection.Bluefield wasn't hitting their shots, and as someone said, a couple of Bluefield players made some poor shot selections, and overall decisions. The refs had nothing to do with Bluefield losing. Ravenswood had the better team yesterday, period!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was at the game. Ravenswood drove the lane all day and CREATED the fouls. Ravenswood can shoot and executed to near perfection.Bluefield wasn't hitting their shots, and as someone said, a couple of Bluefield players made some poor shot selections, and overall decisions. The refs had nothing to do with Bluefield losing. Ravenswood had the better team yesterday, period!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't lose because of the officiating. Ravenswood is an excellent team that was better that day. Our big men stayed in foul trouble from the other end, and Ravenswood did a good job denying the post. But you cannot ignore a disparity between 30 to 1. 7 to 14 like the weir game is common, but 30 to 1, cmon. I love people that show their ignorance by analyzing a game and judging game plans and decisions and get on here and say "just liek the westside game" when you don't even go to the freaking game. Reese and payne had 5-6 straight trips down where they drove baseline and created contact and made things happen. Weirfootball continously shows his ignorance saying we had a bad game plan and didn't go inside. Hard for him to know what happened or even what our game plan was since he was on his way back to the northern panhandle after we sent him home. (probably didn't even go) These kids worked their butt off all year and dug deep to get to that game. I'm not even going to waste my fingers typing explaining details of character these kids showed this weekend off the court because people that can't attend a game but critique it like they are part of the team would never understand.

You speak about honoring the hard work and efforts of these kids this season but yet you cheapen their efforts yourself by using the bad officiating as an excuse as to why they lost. Bluefield High School has always been a class act when it came to sports, in victory and defeat, but it's somewhat alarming as to how quick and frequently certain people were to cite bad officiating in their losses and closer games this year.

[ QUOTE ]

YOu can obviously see how many time you guys got into the lane. 57 attempts, 26 threes, that leaves 31 other attempts in which I know were not all in the paint. Matthews had 1 shot attempt. Ponder had about 4 and Brooks had maybe 2. That's 7 shots from you big men. Leaving 24 for the other players and I know that all 24 of those from the guards were not in the lane. There is no way you can win like this. Your big men have to get touches regardless of what else is going on. They played well during the other games but get in the championship and don't even touch the ball, thats unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marurice Jordan was in the lane atleast 10 times not to mention Hammond driving 3 or 4 times and Dexter with 5 or more drives to the lane

[ QUOTE ]

You speak about honoring the hard work and efforts of these kids this season but yet you cheapen their efforts yourself by using the bad officiating as an excuse as to why they lost. Bluefield High School has always been a class act when it came to sports, in victory and defeat, but it's somewhat alarming as to how quick and frequently certain people were to cite bad officiating in their losses and closer games this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

U all don't even understand..I didn't complain when we lost the football state championship..but this game YEA im going to complain..The officiating was one-sided the whole game long and u don't have to believe me but I think I would know

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a ridiculous statement. Nobody is cheapening any of our kids efforts by complaining about officiating. We did NOT lose because of the officiating. But if they had called it both ways, I would love to play this team again. The kids know the couple of bad decisions they made that were at crucial points in the game. But what cheapens their efforts is that all the hard work they put into getting to this point was influenced by factors they have no control over. If you were actually at the game and able to see it up close and personal, and look at the numbers afterwards, as one wise man would say - "the proof is in the pudding"

The thing that I've seen in Bluefield is their ability to come back from any kind of adversity. Sorry to bring this up, but a couple of years ago, there was a bad snap/hold on a tying extra point attempt in the state finals(?). What did you guys do? Win the State Championship the next year. The coaching staff in every sport it seems always uses loss as a fuel to get their team going the next year. So yeah, the Beavers lost this one, but it's only a matter of time before they recover from the agony of defeat and rebound back into the athletic force that they are. So yeah, they lost this one, but they will band together again, and be competitive in next year's competition. By the way, GREAT SEASON BEAVERS. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HANG YOUR HEADS ABOUT.