Good luck to the Bluefield Beavers today...

bluefieldRocks

Its 7:30 here and im about to start my adventure back up to the charleston civic center to watch Bluefield hopefully take down ravenswood.

Good luck to the beavers and reguardless of if you win or lose you proved some people wrong by getting there.. cough cough bluefield rules cough..grin.gif

Just returned from the game.Boy was it hard to watch there fans celebrate and take the court like i wanted to.

It was a good game, Bluefield really couldnt shoot that well, bad calls didnt help us either. When i said Ravenswood was a 1-man team i wasnt lying. Thats the only player they can depend on is sayers. He won it for them

But Dexter couldnt hit anything the first half, nor could reese

Im just proud we made it as far as we did. Congratulations to Ravenswood, and good job bluefield because nobody thought you'd make it this far this season..

We'll be back next year!

Im not a sore loser...well maybe I am..But im not gonna go on-and-on about this game..Or the refs game..

My main point is:

Free Throw Attempts:

Ravenswood: 28

Bluefield: 2

Which = Refs are (well i don't wanna get kicked off the board so im just gonna stop myself now)

That's what happens beaverbaseball when you jack up 26 three-pointers. The fact is Bluefield had plenty of chances at the end, but didn't execute and Ravenswood did. This wasn't a Wyoming East/Bluefield game, where the officiating was horribly lopsided. R'wood made the plays needed to win the game and they deserved to win b/c they made those plays, period.

in the blfd/weir game blfd shot 17 and weir 7, but 4 of blfd's came on the Tech at the end then the foul with 2 secs left, so really it just would have been 13-7 thats not a big difference

Ravenswood shoots 30 foul shots, we shoot 1. And its not like we werent attacking the bucket and drawing contact. Somebody needs to do something about the officiating when its that blatantly obvious - - 30 to 1

My hats off to ravenswood though, they ( Sayre) are a good team and did what they needed to do to win.

[ QUOTE ]

Ravenswood shoots 30 foul shots, we shoot 1. And its not like we werent attacking the bucket and drawing contact. Somebody needs to do something about the officiating when its that blatantly obvious - - 30 to 1

My hats off to ravenswood though, they ( Sayre) are a good team and did what they needed to do to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question there. You shoot single digit foul shots when you fail to get in the lane and create opportunities. Ravenswood did.

You're right, I wasn't at the game but it's common sense to anyone who knows basketball that when a team shoots a high number of free throws, they're obviously getting in the lane and creating free throw opportunities.

[ QUOTE ]

Score?????????? please

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield 05 12 15 11 - 43

Ravenswood 09 11 07 24 - 51

Bluefield -

FG/FGA: 19/57 .333

3 Pt.: 4/26 .154

FT/FTA: 1/1 1.000

Rebounds: 36

Assists: 6

Team Fouls: 20

TO: 9

Steals: 5

Blocks: 4

Ravenswood -

FG/FGA: 13/35 .371

3 Pt.: 1/10 .100

FT/FTA: 24/30 .800

Rebounds: 27

Assists: 6

Team Fouls: 6

TO: 7

Steals: 7

Blocks: 0

Guest JJBrickface

PT I am glad you are one person that agrees with me. All of these people who think they know everything. If we would have played crappy and won then you wouldnt hear any of the haters complaining. Unbelievable

bluefield was driving, it showed on news channel 6 at 11, like 4 beaver drives to the basket in which we made layups and chris myles was like but no foul but no foul again, and at the end of the story he said the key to the game was free throws as ravenswood made 24 of 30 attempts and bluefield was only 1 for 1, then they interviewed coach G and he said the reason for bluefield's loss in the 99 and todays championship games was the lack of getting to the free throw line

Some of you people are unbelievable on here. Bluefield_Rules and Sources are two of the most loyal Bluefield fans I know and just because they don't think Bluefield is great at everything and should win every state title in every sport, they're downing the team? Bluefield had a bad game plan, just like last year against Westside, and they lost. If they didn't drive to the basket and create contact, they're not going to have a lot of free throw opportunities. I wasn't saying the Weir/Bluefield game was poorly officiate either. I was trying to make a point that Bluefield shot a decent amount more free throws then Weir did, but the Bluefield fans weren't complaining about the officiating after that game.

Guest JJBrickface

I am not questioning their loyalty, but they bashed Coach Gilliard in the past and they continue to do it. I tell you one thing, with the lack of size and lack of shooting ability we were lucky to get to the championship. The players played hard to get there and the coaches prepapred them to do so. Like twopac said Bluefield did drive to the hole. They had 26 three point shot attempts but they also had 57 attempts overall, and I think Ravenswood had like 30 something overall. The shots just didn't fall and when they don't fall its hard to win.

We really didnt shoot well at all. I think they should have benched Reese Jordan because he was throwing up shots that M.J couldnt have made. and the thing is if he would have stopped after once or twice thats understandable, But he just kept shooting and missing

But like i mentioned, dexter had a very off night, and he is the leader on this team and we kind of got outa sync when he dont shoot very or play to his potential

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question there. You shoot single digit foul shots when you fail to get in the lane and create opportunities. Ravenswood did.

[/ QUOTE ]

FAIL TO GET IN THE LANE???? We were in the lane more than we were shooting the 3

[ QUOTE ]

This wasn't a Wyoming East/Bluefield game, where the officiating was horribly lopsided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you all woulda had to be at the game to realize how many times we drove to the lane and got the ball down low...

Once Again..

Free Throws:

Ravenswood- 28 or 30

Bluefield: 2

Lopsided officiating?? I think so

20 teams fouls on us agaisnt Ravenswood 6

Horrible officiating?? I think so

YOu can obviously see how many time you guys got into the lane. 57 attempts, 26 threes, that leaves 31 other attempts in which I know were not all in the paint. Matthews had 1 shot attempt. Ponder had about 4 and Brooks had maybe 2. That's 7 shots from you big men. Leaving 24 for the other players and I know that all 24 of those from the guards were not in the lane. There is no way you can win like this. Your big men have to get touches regardless of what else is going on. They played well during the other games but get in the championship and don't even touch the ball, thats unacceptable.