anyone else counting the days down?

RenegadeFan

i'm already missing basketball, i know we still have the NCAA and the NBA, but i still miss WV H.S. B'ball

baseball, racing, tennis, and all these other spring sports just dont do it for me like basketball and football do.

personally i'm counting down the days to the start of football season, cause it only means the best season of all Basketball will finally be here!

i dunno i tend to disagree with the statement about football being the better sport, i mean dont get me wrong i like foozball and all, but basketball is my sport of intrest.

but to each his own i reckon

i hear twopac, i believe Blfd. will be the team to beat in football and possibly basketball too

them, Tolsia, and as of right now Wyo. East would be my preseason top 3

things are up in the air @ Westside.

we return a lot of talent, but talks of coach hopkins retiring is looming around again this season, they say the only way he retires is if he gets a principal job.

i'm hoping that dont happen, cause i love watching Hopkins coach, but for some reason i gotta feeling the Westside end of Wyo. Co. is getting ready to lose a good coach.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm not. Southern WV/Southwest VA has the least amount of talent in history. Coaches are horrible too as they do not know how to use the kids they have. Fundamentals are non-existent. I watched probably 100 games last year and it was sad. Gets worse every year too. Next year will be even worse. I dread it!

[ QUOTE ]

I know I'm not. Southern WV/Southwest VA has the least amount of talent in history. Coaches are horrible too as they do not know how to use the kids they have. Fundamentals are non-existent. I watched probably 100 games last year and it was sad. Gets worse every year too. Next year will be even worse. I dread it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post this! But at least someone agrees with me...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, two of the best on the WV side stepped away in recent years with Dave Barksdale leaving Beckley after the 2000 season and Danny Gaither leaving Bluefield after the 2003 season. Love'em or hate'em, you couldn't deny their coaching ability. And when they coach against one another it was always a treat to watch...

• 2 months later...

not only them two but consider the retirement of gene reid from Wyo. East (originally Mullens) and John Harris retiring from Oceana as they was going into consolidation with baileysville to form Westside and a lot of good coaches and asst. coaches have left the game.

and i know Westside's coach hopkins probably doesnt have many more days left in him before he retires, which will be a sad day in our end, cause i really dunno if there is anyone able to meet up to what he's able to accomplish and do.

it will be interesting from that stand point to see what happens.

but still lots of good coaches have been lost, rather by early retirement or death or whatever reason, in both basketball and football.

which is just a shame.