Mark Little & Sierra Brown win awards.

EH31

"Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrell owens didnt go to a big college, yet look at him now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what does that have to do with this subject? "

I feel like im talking to a 5 yr. old, it means you dont have to go to a big school to get knoticed. Owens had something special even if he did go to some small school in tennessee and look at him now

Thats what it has to do with it

What i mean is we were talking about small high school, not college. I'm sure the Nfl scouts know much more about small colleges than College scouts know about Pocahontas High School

This really isnt my fight but I agree somewhat with what the Bluefield guys are saying and somewhat with what EH is saying. If you put up the numbers, you will receive notice. But a larger school will get a little more exposure than a small school, making it easier for the "bigger colleges" to see them. Also, Rules said that the Bluefield player made a name for himself on the AAU circut also. Maybe thats where he got his recognition at. Maybe the Pocy player doesnt play AAU so he isnt getting as much exposure.

Just because somebody isnt getting the same looks as another player doesnt mean they are any less talented.

Even with attending a smaller school, there are steps a player can do to get himself noticed. If there is video of him playing, nothing could be better than making his own HIGHLIGHT film and sending it to an assistant AD at a school that he wishes to attend. Other than playing AAU, this is probably the BEST thing a player at a small school can do. Hopefully, his coach will also talk to ANYONE AND EVERYONE he knows in the college ranks and get the player some chances to attend some college-sponsored summer camps during his freshman, sophomore, and junior years - which will get the player noticed as well.

[ QUOTE ]

It's not Mark's fault that Pocahontas doesn't play a W.V. AA schedule. I'm not going to argue this on and on, but you give all these reasons why Dexter is better, but he has alot more oppertunities(sp) than Mark does. If you would see him play, you would know what I mean, but you haven't so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Mark woudl play on an AAU team, he'd get noticed.