Who will be the best back this year in the SWD?

Backs

[ QUOTE ]

Jennings is not the best back. Hes an ok back. I say the best will be Mcdaniels Hands Down

[/ QUOTE ]

That ok back is one of the biggest reasons we went to Lynchburg. Did you see the the run against Virginia High in the first round of the playoffs? That is just of the many awesome runs he displayed in 05. It didnt hurt anything that we had an awesome line too. How does an OK back rush for over a 1,000 yards after missing 3 games? He is the best in the district hands down.

[ QUOTE ]

the lineman are hitting the weights. vandyke is the one that needs to be hitting the weights. he still spells team with an "I". i hear there are some seniors who are going to be in for a big surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a good thing...after last year i'd love to see some new blood on the line...get some kids in there that have some heart, want to work and lift in the offseason, and put it back together...might take a couple of years of work to get there but would be worth it in the long run.

I still think Vandyke is the backfield talent Grundy needs...hope he gets it together.

[ QUOTE ]

The QB is the reason richlands went to Lynchburg, and the Defense, not the running back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now I get it. You have something personal against him. This isn't the place for that.

I dont have anything against him, I dont know him. i just dont think that he is the superstar that everyone thinks he is. Just like it didnt think Marcum was the superstar people made him out to be in Grundy. But Richlands Running Backs is not the reason they went to state. If it was one player i would say the QB is the one who led them to state. But im sure he is a nice guy but the post wasnt about if he was a nice guy or not. Im just saying that sure hes an ok back, but he wont tamper with the record books or anything of that sort.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont have anything against him, I dont know him. i just dont think that he is the superstar that everyone thinks he is. Just like it didnt think Marcum was the superstar people made him out to be in Grundy. But Richlands Running Backs is not the reason they went to state. If it was one player i would say the QB is the one who led them to state. But im sure he is a nice guy but the post wasnt about if he was a nice guy or not. Im just saying that sure hes an ok back, but he wont tamper with the record books or anything of that sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

got to disagree with you about Marcum....saw the Taz/Grundy game last year and without Marcum the score would have been 100-0. with marcum 60something to 20 something.

Coach Wyatt told me after the game "if they had kept running that sweep to Marcum the whole game it would have been a barn burner...we couldn't stop him in the open field."

The one who is going to be the best out of the three will be the one who wants it more than the other two... the one who is ready to sacifice his body for that extra yard the one who has the most heart the one who doesnt let these dumb posts get into their heads and keep humble

Garon was without a doubt in the top 5 of all time (in my opinion) in this area. With having to share the ball with 3 other backs his freshman year and 2 his sophmore and junior years and a horrible line his senior year, while still racking up damn near 4,000 yds. is pretty impressive. Teams keyed on him this past year, and he knew it. Jennings is impressive, but with all do respect, I don't think he is a Garon Marcum, especially not as an all around player.... Garon could have played any position on the team and excelled...he was simply put, a player

I think Brown and Jennings will battle for the rushing title. Not to slight Carper in any way he is very consistent but Brown can be very quiet then the next thing you know he breaks off a few 30 yard runs. I think He and Jennings will surpass the 1,000 yard mark easily and Carper may get there as well if Graham can get leads early and run the ball alot late.

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

The one who is going to be the best out of the three will be the one who wants it more than the other two... the one who is ready to sacifice his body for that extra yard the one who has the most heart the one who doesnt let these dumb posts get into their heads and keep humble

[/ QUOTE ]

you know how to stop these dumb posts dont you?turn off your computer,or dont log on.i mean if any of you players let any of US get to you mentally then youve done been defeated.beat us before we beat you.or use this as motivation to shut up your critics.

• 1 month later...

the best back in the swd will be the one who not only has the yards or TDs but helps his team by showing poise and character on and off the field.good luck this year gentleman.