Cumberland District/Blackdiamond District

MountainDew

Who is going to win the Cumberland District this year? Thomas Walker, maybe Twin Springs? Any thoughts!!!

Who will win the Blackdiamond District? Haysi or Honaker….Haysi has a lot of talent returning this coming year.

Does Coeburn join the Cumberland this year or next year? They should dominate the Cumberland district in football when they join………

GO DEVIL’S! Castlewood should have a good chance to win the district championship this year……….

[ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Tom Crigger, Anthony Church, and Luke Owens are going to be coaching at Castlewood next year with David Scammell. Talk about a All-Star Grundy Coaching Staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe a future Grundy All-Star coaching staff in-training...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Tom Crigger, Anthony Church, and Luke Owens are going to be coaching at Castlewood next year with David Scammell. Talk about a All-Star Grundy Coaching Staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe a future Grundy All-Star coaching staff in-training...

[/ QUOTE ]

I played against them guys back in the day!!!

Does Rye Cove have any standouts returning from last year’s team…….What about Hurley? I heard they are going to fold their football program. Is that a rumor? If that happens Castlewood would have to sign another team. Who would they pick up?

I figure the BDD is Haysi's to lose and the only team they could lose it to is Honaker.

Coeburn will compete well in the CD but they will by no means dominate. Rye Cove has beat them the last 3 or 4 years in a row. Coeburn has a little work to do to get their program back to what it was in the late 80's and early 90's under Carl Richards.

Honaker plays a lot of AA schools in stuff and wins a lot. Not in last year or two because the talent at Honaker has gone down a lot, but we have been competitive against larger schools in the past.

If you are talking about football then you must be referring to about a 4 years span from 2000 to around 2004 cause other than those few years I don't remember Honaker being able to play with alot of AA schools...atleast the ones that are competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

if haysi can find a few running backs we will be good if not we will try to throw too much and it could be bad but we have the bdd unless honaker steps up

I would say rye cove in the CD

as far as combining the 2 districts do you have any idea how far it is between thomas walker rye cove twin springs and hurley twin valley at least three hours on a bus