Softball Dist tourny?

Tazewell and Richlands JV play at 4pm and Tazewell and Richlands Varsity play at 6 pm.

Tonight Richlands started their freshman pitcher and she did an excellent job both on the mound and at the plate.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands will travel to Highlands champ Virginia High next Tuesday and Tazewell will have a bye and play next Thursday. I believe they will play either Dan River or Abingdon.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Abingdon or Lee. The Highlands Tournament is supposed to start today. #1 Va High plays Marion, and #2 Lee High plays #3 Abingdon. Games start at 4 p.m. in Bristol with the Lee/Abingdon game first.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands will travel to Highlands champ Virginia High next Tuesday and Tazewell will have a bye and play next Thursday. I believe they will play either Dan River or Abingdon.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Abingdon or Lee. The Highlands Tournament is supposed to start today. #1 Va High plays Marion, and #2 Lee High plays #3 Abingdon. Games start at 4 p.m. in Bristol with the Lee/Abingdon game first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard Dan River is pretty good, will either Abingdon or Lee have much of a chance againist them?

Tazewell's JV beat Richlands' JV 6-0 in the SWD tournament championship game. Tazewell has only 8th graders on this team -- several of them (at least 5) I would expect to move to Varsity next year.

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell's JV beat Richlands' JV 6-0 in the SWD tournament championship game. Tazewell has only 8th graders on this team -- several of them (at least 5) I would expect to move to Varsity next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tied 0-0 through 5 innings. T-town score all the runs in the 6th.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard Dan River is pretty good, will either Abingdon or Lee have much of a chance againist them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope so..lol. Is Casey Pyron their pitcher again this year? I was thinking she's really good. If Lee plays really well and the way they are capable of, then I think they do. Lee's faced them before recently. Back in '03 and '04, played them to extra innings and lost the first one, then got beat pretty bad the second time.

I don't know anything about Dan River though this season other than that they are supposed to be pretty good too like you said. Think they've only lost 2 games this season.

By the way, Lee beat Abingdon today 4-1. Don't know anything about the other game. I heard it on the news and they said the other game was just getting underway, at that time(which was about 6:30). The finals were to be played after it was over.