Appalachain League?

EH31

if that's true, i also heard that west virginia will be giving bowen field back to virginia, and it will be graham's main field...anyone know of that? it could all be made up, just rumors i've heard.

[ QUOTE ]

if that's true, i also heard that west virginia will be giving bowen field back to virginia, and it will be graham's main field...anyone know of that? it could all be made up, just rumors i've heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO...Where do people come up with this stuff?

There is no way the Appy league will fold. You might see a parent club pull out of one city and move to another or something like that, but the league will never be scrapped.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no way the Appy league will fold. You might see a parent club pull out of one city and move to another or something like that, but the league will never be scrapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure about that, there was talk of the Appy League dissolving during the off-season...the City of Bluefield and the City of Princeton both sent resolutions/proclaimations to the League for continued service/support of minor league baseball.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol even if they did fold the field would go to bluefield b4 it would go to graham considering we have ties with practicing there...but i still wouldn't see that happening cuz Bluefield College would get it over any high school team

• 2 months later...

Looks like the MLB had plans to do away with all Rookie level leagues and replace them with short season A leagues. That plan has been scrapped for this year. Don't know if they'll try again in 2007.

Really not sure what the purpose would be. Currently there are two levels of rookie ball. Rookie and advanced rookie. The Appy and Pioneer leagues are advanced. The Gulf Coast League and Arizona League are Rookie. Short Season-A falls between Advanced Rookie and Low-A.

Most MLB teams have from 1-3 rookie affiliates each but only about half have Short Season-A teams. If the Rookie level was dissolved there will need to be a lot of new Short-A teams, and probably multiple tiers like there are currently in rookie ball. So this region would likely get a Short-A league to replace the Appy.