Justin McKracken having a slow start?

Fresh_Prince

I didn't go to the scrimmage against Christiansburg but I was told he did not do very good at all. I was at the Blue/White game and he didn't do very well then either. It may be early but Jennings had 3 touchdowns in the scrimmage against Christiansburg, the way it looks now, he might be having to carr the team this year if some players don't step up.

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't go to the scrimmage against Christiansburg but I was told he did not do very good at all. I was at the Blue/White game and he didn't do very well then either. It may be early but Jennings had 3 touchdowns in the scrimmage against Christiansburg, the way it looks now, he might be having to carr the team this year if some players don't step up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't expect someone of his age to be great all the time!! Dont get me wrong i belive he has a long future in football ahead of him but look at it like this, (Vick, Manning, Brady) they have bad days too!!!

what the heck is being expected of him?? richlands scored pretty much at will ..........5 or 6 tds to 0 for c'burg....he is tough as nails to bring down....after a few high throws early i thought he settled in and looked good...he probably has the strongest arm in the area and the long td pass to fuller was a laser from about 45 yards....

Fresh Prince - what 12 days in the season and you calling for someone to start stepping it up - wow

Richlands has the talent as witnessed from the scrimmage yesterday to make a good run - qb to wr is all about timing and it will come. As parsons stated 5 or 6 td's to 0 that being without 3 starting lineman.

Football is a mans game and soon you will see what football is all about!

to read the post at the top of this thread you would think he played pathetic.....he was a big weapon last night and i'm sure he will continue (barring injury) to be a big weapon in the future.......he threw several pretty passes last night....i only hope that the source of the fresh prince's reports shuts down this bizarre and often erroneous pipeline...

jv won 28-7 i believe.... mostly sophmores on starting offense with 2 freshman linemen and 1 freshman running back. the defense was mostly sophmores besides 1 or 2 freshman players. not sure but i think the only touchdown was against the all freshman defense.

richlands offense started out slow...first time the 1st team was out jennings probobly touched the ball 5 times n had around 5 yards. then when they came back out after "halftime" christiansburg couldn't stop em, jennings had around 3 -50 yard runs or so. fuller impressed me alot, it wouldn't suprise me if he leads the district in recieving this year.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't expect someone of his age to be great all the time!! Dont get me wrong i belive he has a long future in football ahead of him but look at it like this, (Vick, Manning, Brady) they have bad days too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt Vick have a bad day everyday? Any quarterback who rushes for more yards than he throws has a bad day in my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

mccracken has now completed over 67% (31 0f 46)of his passes thru 3 games (easily had another 5 or 6 passes dropped) and is averaging right at 11 yards per pass attempt and 17 yards per completion.......if he continues at this pace and richlands were to make it to the regional championship game he would throw for over 2,000 yards and over 35 td's.......

after tonights game (completing 13 of 15 passes for over 200 yards and 3 more td's) he is completing over 72% of his passes and has thrown 14 td passes.....H.T. Matthews swd record of 27 td passes is well within reach and Justin's own swd record of 120 completions in a season should fall as well assuming he stays healthy.......i have no idea what the single season completion percentage record for the swd is but I would imagine he may be on his way to breaking that record also...