Question.

bluekick

I was reading through the LPD forum and found this:

"powell valley is smaller than gate city by about 300 students.

yes they drop seymour and brethitt.picked up richlands and lebenon.still two non district power houses."

Disregard the enrollment stuff (not true, GC only has about 100 more). My question is if Richlands and PV have revived the series for next year. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? If so, who did Richlands drop from there schedule to pick the Vikes back up? Everything ditto for Lebanon.

I have no idea if they'll revive the series but I hope they don't. They'll only have four non-district games starting next year and I would rather see two AA teams to go with Gate City and Honaker. Of course that's easier said than done since there won't be any AA teams this side of Pulaski that aren't in the SWD.

Whoever they add, I don't think we'll see Lebanon and Virginia High return. That's only a guess though.

I've heard from more than one reliable source that Lebanon dropped Richlands and Richlands has picked up PV for next year.

Richlands may have their hands full with the Malcolm Pinkston kid......he's a very talented running back to be a sophmore.

If you are AA and play A schools and lose,it really hurts with the point situation.but if you dominate a smaller school then you dont get much help with points because its expected.I belive thats why you wont see Graham play smaller schools.they are about the only school around here that doesnt.But i would rather play a weaker AA school than travel to Greenville tn like we did a few years ago.thats rediculous.

thats not totally true. if you play stronger single a schools like pv you most likely are looking at least 8 wins maybe 9. you get points for each win. by playing stronger single a teams u are almost gauranteed winning points. like this year richlands will probably get more points from all the single a schools because they win than they will get from all the highland teams. in grahm case they could possibly less points from blacksburg and martinsville (depending on their win total ) than if they would beat a strong single a team that is probably going to win out. it sometimes depends on how good ur opponents schedule is

[ QUOTE ]

If you are AA and play A schools and lose,it really hurts with the point situation.but if you dominate a smaller school then you dont get much help with points because its expected.I belive thats why you wont see Graham play smaller schools.they are about the only school around here that doesnt.But i would rather play a weaker AA school than travel to Greenville tn like we did a few years ago.thats rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Graham is an hour closer to any of the AA schools than Richlands is, it makes sense for them to play those schools. Its a long drive every Friday if Richlands picked up any of the AA teams that Graham plays. When your in an area surounded by smaller A schools, then your going to have to play them and just make sure you win every game. I personally would rather watch a close game, or even a lose, against a formidable opponent, rather than watch Richlands blow out teams by 50 points every Friday night. But, it just isnt practical for Richlands to travel 2-3 hours every week to play those teams.

well they dont travel every week do they?and its only 40 min. from bluefield to richlands.it doesnt take an hour to get here.but who does want to travel?and isnt it worth it to see a more competitve game?if Richlands went to salem and won a close game wouldnt that lite you up?I know if it were graham it would really get me fired up.i mean wouldnt you rather watch Richlands beat a well respected div.4 team than a div.2 team?

But who's to say Salem would want to play Richlands? Why would they want to travel all the way to Richlands when they are playing similar quality opponents much closer to home. And I agree with BigBlueAlum, it does make it easier to schedule teams when you are right off the interstate, like Graham. You just can't say "okay, this year we are going to play this team, this team, and this team".

[ QUOTE ]

...and isnt it worth it to see a more competitve game?if Richlands went to salem and won a close game wouldnt that lite you up?I know if it were graham it would really get me fired up.i mean wouldnt you rather watch Richlands beat a well respected div.4 team than a div.2 team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it would, and i actually said that in my post

[ QUOTE ]

I personally would rather watch a close game, or even a lose, against a formidable opponent, rather than watch Richlands blow out teams by 50 points every Friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]