Graham - Mount View

GoldenTrojan

Trojan I agree!!! Both of these teams have their strengths as well as quite a few weaknesses... Friday Graham was a few plays of turning it all around when boom ... a questionable call against them and they sort of layed it down..In the past Mount View has done the same thing, if things don't go their way in a tight situation they would just hang those helmets up and watch the scoreboard lights flicker for the other team.... I plan on being at this one for sure.... It's gonna be a great night down on Premeire Mountain Friday.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghs84 you and your Virginia football is so much better than wv football statement is hypocritical,because we all know that most of Virginia looks down on the Soutwest District football saying it doesn't compare to football in other parts of Virginia.If you think Graham has superior athletes or even more athletes then Mount View you may want to open your eyes,and stop being so arrogant.

i can't really comment on graham because i haven't watched them this year. but as far as M.V.- if they play up to 3/4 their ability, graham pretty well better bring their A game. or atleast an A- game. because these guys are SUPER fast/quick. and i don't mean 1 or 2. i mean like everybody who touches the ball via play calls. not only (speed kills) but they have size too. the game they lost, wayne barely made it out with that win. i don't know how they managed it, but they did. M.V just ran out of time. they had the ball on like the 4 yd. line when time expired. anyhow, you guys that make the trip, once this game is over, give me a non-bias break-down of the knights. discipline and poor coaching will be a problem, if not this week, on down the road. just wait and see.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just remember, Graham has the best team in school history or so a few people were implying before they went on a three game losing streak. I wouldn't be suprised if MV took it to them Friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think VA football is better then WV football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this afternoon. If you mean Eastern Virginia football then you're right, it's better than most areas of the country. If you're merely talking about Southwestern Virginia...LMAO

If we're talking Southwestern Virginia v. Southern West Virginia then SWV definitely has the advantage. They have more quality and tradition rich programs then SWV does, especially recently. However, the best teams from that area of Virginia are no better than the best teams from that area of WV. Overall, Virginia football is definitely better than WV football thanks in large part to the AAA teams from NOVA and the Tidewater. Nevertheless, once you drop to AA in Virginia (which is the highest class any WV school would be classified based on enrollment) then the difference is zero among the best teams. Virginia obviously will have more quality teams, however, because they have more schools.

[ QUOTE ]

If we're talking Southwestern Virginia v. Southern West Virginia then SWV definitely has the advantage. They have more quality and tradition rich programs then SWV does, especially recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me, right about there. lol

[ QUOTE ]

Graham has always had success against MV and i dont see this game any different.Graham wins the rest of their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly for Graham, they haven't had much success against anyone since last month, and have gotten spanked pretty bad twice. Until they show me something different, I would pick them to beat anyone right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham has always had success against MV and i dont see this game any different.Graham wins the rest of their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

??Even Tazewell??

That will be a TOUGH road game for them, the atmosphere at Tazewell this year will set a new precedent.

those guys from graham will be shook when they go down to the view. they've never been to a more hostile environment. even the 2004 state champ beavers had trouble down there. mount view is a tough opponent at home but away from home is a different story. i'd say 28-14 m.v

[ QUOTE ]

those guys from graham will be shook when they go down to the view. they've never been to a more hostile environment. even the 2004 state champ beavers had trouble down there. mount view is a tough opponent at home but away from home is a different story. i'd say 28-14 m.v

[/ QUOTE ]

The past three times the G-Men have been in welch they have won by a combined score of 75-12.the record speaks for itself.

This Mount ?View team tends to play well whether it be @ home or away,but in years past Mount View in my opinion seemed to play better away from home.I think that if Mount View comes out,and plays their best, or close to it they can beat Graham,but at the same time I won't guarantee a win,because Graham has a better team then what their record represents.

ghs84 - i know your a graham fan, as we all know im a m.v fan. but your pretty much just saying graham will win because they won games in the past? i mean thats like saying egypt will become a superpower once again like they were thousands of years ago- because they were a superpower back then. if you went by whats happened in the past there would be no need in whats called a "rematch". do you remember was it last year when james monroe beat bluefield, but then in the playoffs (when it matters) bluefield beat their A**. im not trying to make a "graham will not win" statement here, im just saying you might not wanna stick your own foot in your grill. afterall, next week you might be saying, graham has went to welch and won 3 out of the last four times.

yes we are 2-3 right now but look at the strenght of our schedule.it is the toughest around here.Richlands,bluefield,blacksburg,martinsville all will be in the playoffs.This will be a more competitive game than years past i will agree on that.but i dont see Graham watching their season go down the drain without a fight.eventually they will start playing G-Men football again.

[ QUOTE ]

yes we are 2-3 right now but look at the strenght of our schedule.it is the toughest around here.Richlands,bluefield,blacksburg,martinsville all will be in the playoffs.This will be a more competitive game than years past i will agree on that.but i dont see Graham watching their season go down the drain without a fight.eventually they will start playing G-Men football again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see any team going down without a fight, unless they up and forfeit. but just because graham played tough teams and lost doesn't mean they'll Win. look at mount views schedule. Wayne, South Point OH- who's QB is one of those "real deal" qb's., graham, bluefield, james monroe, lincoln county. all of those teams are in no way push overs. even Man Hillbillies deserve respect, Single A or not.