What happened to Bluefield???

GHS32

Beating Bluefield would be considered a great win or accomplishment for just about any team in wv,but if it meant as much to the people from this area or the kids playing as you believe then on the years we lose we'd just give up on the rest of the season,but that's not the case. People from Welch and Bluefield interact with each other every day in some way whether it be friends,relatives, or coworkers,so honestly the game should be considered a 2 way rivalry,but instead most of the people I know from Bluefield say well you know MV gets up for this game,and we don't really consider it to be that much of a rivalry,but those same people love to brag and rub it in when Bluefield wins.I think alot of Bluefield people seem to think that it means more to MV then them,because Bluefield is the best team on our scedule every year,and would be the best team on any AA schools schedule,so you have to expect any team that has the desire to be competitive to get excited about playing a team with as much tradition as Bluefield.The 2 schools have played each other for almost 30 years now,and if that in itself isn't enough to warrant a true rivalry between the 2 then maybe Bluefield should or would've already dropped MV. Bluefield and Man are the only 2 teams that have played MV every year since the school was opened,so of course the people from Mount View would view Bluefield as a rival.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it 's not the only thumping that the bucktooth beavers will take from a WV AA School this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let it be known that the first trash talking and shot in what will be become a war of the words until October 27 was fired from Monroe County. Just remember that when the crap gets going full swing shortly.

I don't know who this person is that said this. How do we know he's from Monroe County?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't assume anything. The post wvu_1 is a self-proclaimed James Monroe and was right in the middle of the crap the last two years. It seems to the me that the poster has never had anything of substance to say and is always fanning the fire with negative comments.

[ QUOTE ]

just to clear up what happened on the punt return for the mv td....

a blfd player came up to down the ball and as he reached down he slipped and touched the top of the ball with his hand. everyone stopped for both teams and the mv kid picked up the ball and took off. everyone one was freaking out on the sideline and stands because the beaver kid had touched the ball.... BUT, the ref said to down the ball they have to possess it.

its a call that really could have gone either way but its sad that a controversial call turns the whole momentum of the game and is the deciding factor

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the replay of that punt on WVVA...believe it or not the camera guy got a good shot of the whole thing. The Bluefield player NEVER touched the ball. Like you said, when he was going to touch the ball, he slipped and his hand NEVER made contact with the pigskin. Heads up play by MV to pick it up and run.

I didn't assume anything. The post wvu_1 is a self-proclaimed James Monroe and was right in the middle of the crap the last two years. It seems to the me that the poster has never had anything of substance to say and is always fanning the fire with negative comments.

-----------

Maybe it would be best to ignore people like this.

It's amazing how little trash talking, if any, there is between the JM and Bluefield fans in comparison to years before. I remember in seasons past, you'd have two or three threads going at once where there would be heated arguments between fans of both schools.

It's amazing how little trash talking, if any, there is between the JM and Bluefield fans in comparison to years before. I remember in seasons past, you'd have two or three threads going at once where there would be heated arguments between fans of both schools.

---------------

Keep your fingers crossed.....

[ QUOTE ]

-----------

Maybe it would be best to ignore people like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. However, not everyone will take that advice and run with it...

(I saw the replay of that punt on WVVA...believe it or not the camera guy got a good shot of the whole thing. The Bluefield player NEVER touched the ball. Like you said, when he was going to touch the ball, he slipped and his hand NEVER made contact with the pigskin. Heads up play by MV to pick it up and run. )

i was standing on the sidelines... he DID touch the ball

Does'nt matter if he touched it or not. In order to down the ball you must have possession. That means you pick the ball up or hold it on the ground until the ref's blow the play dead. If you get a chance to read the rule book you'll find that rule in there.

Maybe not but if so I hope that it doesnt come from the $4177y jobs of the officials that we had down in welch last week... those guys are horrible to say the least and should be reported in whatever way the WVSSAC permits ... They allowed that Mt. View team to line up offsides all night , made a bull S call on that punt, and robbed us of an interception........yes all big factors in a close game...I challenge anyone to say otherwise ( I have obtained a film of that game and as they say "Film don't freakin' Lie" whatever the case the Beavers will rebound from this robbery ans finish up strong as for Mt. View I hope that they dont expect such "FAVORS" from the rest of the officials that they will see... remember knights you travel to James monroe this week.....

[ QUOTE ]

Does'nt matter if he touched it or not. In order to down the ball you must have possession. That means you pick the ball up or hold it on the ground until the ref's blow the play dead. If you get a chance to read the rule book you'll find that rule in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not true....merely touching the ball after it comes to rest is enough on a scrimmage kick to cause the ball to become dead, also the rule says nothing about a whistle. You will find it in the NFHS Rule 4-3 since you have a rule book check it out.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe not but if so I hope that it doesnt come from the $4177y jobs of the officials that we had down in welch last week... those guys are horrible to say the least and should be reported in whatever way the WVSSAC permits ... They allowed that Mt. View team to line up offsides all night , made a bull S call on that punt, and robbed us of an interception........yes all big factors in a close game...I challenge anyone to say otherwise ( I have obtained a film of that game and as they say "Film don't freakin' Lie" whatever the case the Beavers will rebound from this robbery ans finish up strong as for Mt. View I hope that they dont expect such "FAVORS" from the rest of the officials that they will see... remember knights you travel to James monroe this week.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to mention the receiver stepping out of bounds on their final touchdown, the 4th and 8 conversion when they had a lineman downfield, as well as the 2 pt conversion they converted with a huge lineman standing in the middle of the endzone. Also a huge catch called complete in the first with the receiver 2 feet out of bounds.

Who really cares anymore? The bottom line is that we couldn't get the job done. Great teams ('04 team in Welch) overcome the odds and win when they have to, this team did not. It's really disappointing to see so many of our fans on here blaming the loss on plotched officiating or bad calls. This team still has a chance to redeem itself big time over the next three weeks and hopefully they're doing the opposite of what many people are doing on here - putting the loss behind them and focusing on Herbert Hoover.

In general you had 2 teams of kids friday night who were both trying to overcome the adversity brought on them by one another,and to make excuses or blame poor officiating as to why 1 team won and 1 lost only takes away from the effort and emotion each of those kids from both teams put into that game. On that night MV was just a tad bit better than Bluefield it doesn't mean if the 2 were to play again that the results would be the same,but in order to have a rivalry with another school you have to lose sometime or there would be no rivalry at all.Personally the only way I'd want to see Bluefield in the playoffs is if it were in Wheeling.

simple fact is touching the ball on a punt doesn't mean it's a down ball, you have to show some, even the slightest control over the ball or a ref might not blow the whistle.

These are mental mistakes that bluefield can't afford.

My biggest concern about this team isn't the fact that mt. view defeated them at all, it's that as far as their 3 remaining regular season games and the playoffs are concerned, their o doesn't seem to be able to produce unless they're against an inferior team, while I know they have the weapons to score a lot of points. In my opinion it starts with the o scheme and plays.

This team also seems to have a lot of mistakes that they cannot afford to have against good or equal competition. Delay of game penalties "out of a dead ball" situation, ect? I've never known a bluefield team that had these types of common mistakes to earn a title, in fact most teams that had these types of mistakes often I recall having enough and more talent to earn a title rather easily, but yet underachieving, because titles go to groups of players that execute and not only don't defeat themselves with mistakes, but they make things happen.

Realistically and honest in my opinion perhaps most likely scenario for bluefield is a big victory against herbert hoover, a defeat to the mavs and a close victory against scott. A 6 - 3 record is a likely finish in my opinion with at least a 2nd round or better appearance in the playoffs depending on their attitudes.

Regardless of their regular season record they could play strong in the playoffs and earn the title or be finished in the 2nd round. It's all about how they play and are coached and what their attitudes will be../

Personally I believe Bluefield will win their remaining games,because for 1 thing none of the 3 remaining teams on their schedule can match up with them like MV in the speed and athleticism categories. That doesn't mean the games won't be tough,but it does mean Bluefield can create mismatches on offense with these teams opposing defenses,and inability to match them speed wise.

Herbert Hoover will be tough,because the taylor kid is a very physical punishing back that's hard to bring down on first contact plus Hoover is sitting outside the top 16 needing this game to get back in to playoff position.

James Monroe will be tough,because of their single wing offense,and their desire to beat Bluefield in general

Scott may actually be the easiest of the 3 games,because they really didn't do themselves any favors by agreeing to play Bluefield on the tturf at Laidley,but this game alone can define their season,because they have feed off of a creampuff schedule,and are looking for respect.

NFHS: If the ball is motionless and in the opinion of the official no one is attempting to recover, then the ball is dead.

Also, if the kicking team touches a motionless kick, then it is dead immediately. A motionless kick is not dead when touched by a recieving team player, unless as stated above.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I believe Bluefield will win their remaining games,because for 1 thing none of the 3 remaining teams on their schedule can match up with them like MV in the speed and athleticism categories. That doesn't mean the games won't be tough,but it does mean Bluefield can create mismatches on offense with these teams opposing defenses,and inability to match them speed wise.

Herbert Hoover will be tough,because the taylor kid is a very physical punishing back that's hard to bring down on first contact plus Hoover is sitting outside the top 16 needing this game to get back in to playoff position.

James Monroe will be tough,because of their single wing offense,and their desire to beat Bluefield in general

Scott may actually be the easiest of the 3 games,because they really didn't do themselves any favors by agreeing to play Bluefield on the tturf at Laidley,but this game alone can define their season,because they have feed off of a creampuff schedule,and are looking for respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with u, i think scott is way overrated, James monroe will definately be the toughest