Richlands -vs- Parkersburg

GoldenTrojan

Graham vs Tazewell  

1. 1. Graham vs Tazewell

It's fun to speculate... Richlands vs Salem, Richlands vs. Pulaski, Richlands vs Parkersburg... As a Richlands fan I think it's cool that people even ask questions about how the Blues might do against such great teams, but the fact is Richlands has a real game this week against a team that played them tough in a strikingly similar situation two years ago. Let's save the "what if" questions for January.

[ QUOTE ]

p' burgh 21 D-fence is great

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

as much as i hate to admit it, richlands kills parkersburg.....the competition in va is sooo much tougher than in wva....bluefield would be a 2-5 team with a va schedule just hoping to sniff the playoffs.....richlands would destroy parkersburg.....no questions asked

i do not know much ab out parkersburg, but surely the #1 ranked aaa school could give the blues a good game dont u think or am i wrong. maybe some bluefield posters have some insigt on this matchup, thats if you even care. because to tell u the truth i dont

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

as much as i hate to admit it, richlands kills parkersburg.....the competition in va is sooo much tougher than in wva....bluefield would be a 2-5 team with a va schedule just hoping to sniff the playoffs.....richlands would destroy parkersburg.....no questions asked

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5? Maybe. I know that on any given year, Bluefield is usually 3 TDs better than Tazewell. Bluefield hasn't played Tazewell in almost ten years because the "weak" AA competition in WV gives us more of a challenge than Tazewell does.

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

from what i've read on the west virginia message boards if parkersburg has a weakness it is their pass defense.....if that is the case then richlands would have at least one advantage, the passing game.......but i really have no idea how good p'burg really is so i can't pretend to know if richlands could beat them or not

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5? Maybe. I know that on any given year, Bluefield is usually 3 TDs better than Tazewell. Bluefield hasn't played Tazewell in almost ten years because the "weak" AA competition in WV gives us more of a challenge than Tazewell does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a couple of years ago, Bluefield was undefeated and ranked #1 AA in WV. They came to Ernie Hicks to play Richlands in a "down" year. The best AA team in WV came within a couple of plays of losing to a "down" VA AA team. I'm pretty sure that if Bluefield thought they could cross the state line and take Richlands, Tazewell, or any VA team to the woodshed consistently, they would. By the way, Bluefield has played Grundy the past two years. Grundy football has been "down" the past couple of years. Bluefield has won both games. Bluefield doesn't seem to want good tough games. They want some woodshedders. That is why they do not play the Blues or the 'Dawgs consistently.

bluefield has begged the SWD teams to play the last few yrs. a cpl of yrs ago blfd and richlands almost had a deal worked out and richlands backed out. why do you think bluefield played graham twice last yr???? b/c they had 8 games and graham had 9. the only reason grundy is playing blfd and oak hill is b/c they are having a hard time getting games. but the fact is.... bluefield has not backed down from the SWD, those teams wont schedule blfd.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do va ppl always find it necessary to find justification that va is better than wv????? first thing is youre not even comparing apples to apples. va has six classifications and wv has three and classification enrollments are not the same. everyone i guess has an opinion but we know waht opinions are like....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a couple of years ago, Bluefield was undefeated and ranked #1 AA in WV. They came to Ernie Hicks to play Richlands in a "down" year. The best AA team in WV came within a couple of plays of losing to a "down" VA AA team. I'm pretty sure that if Bluefield thought they could cross the state line and take Richlands, Tazewell, or any VA team to the woodshed consistently, they would. By the way, Bluefield has played Grundy the past two years. Grundy football has been "down" the past couple of years. Bluefield has won both games. Bluefield doesn't seem to want good tough games. They want some woodshedders. That is why they do not play the Blues or the 'Dawgs consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like someone said above, Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series recently and seemed to have an agreement in principle. Richlands backed out for reasons unknown to me. It's also degrading to the Richlands program when you group them with Tazewell in a sentence referring to good VA teams.

to be honest with you I thought (not sure if this is true) that the reason Bluefield and the blues had not played is because of the incident with the refs in the 2002 game. They have not played since then. That is what i have always heard that the blues would not play them because of that. I could be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

N'aders 0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like someone said above, Bluefield contacted Richlands about a series recently and seemed to have an agreement in principle. Richlands backed out for reasons unknown to me. It's also degrading to the Richlands program when you group them with Tazewell in a sentence referring to good VA teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since 1986 Tazewell is 3-5 against the Beavers. A far better win % than the G-men overall. So suck it.

Last year, as reported in this board by Bluefield Rules, Richlands and Bluefield tried to schedule a game (presumably for this year) but Richlands couldn't work it out on their end. I don't know if the 2002 game had anything to do with it or if it was because Richlands already had a full slate this year. Maybe Richlands wanted to replace someone on the current schedule with Bluefield but couldn't make it happen, i don't know. I do know that with Abingdon and Marion coming in it's not likely that RHS will ever be able to schedule BHS. As I've said 10k times before, Richlands loves their rivalry with Gate City, is renewing their rivalry with Powell Valley next year, and will most likely schedule a AA school from outside the area. That would mean in order for Richlands to play Bluefield they would have to drop Honaker which I don't think will happen.

Last game of the regular season. Bluefield needed the win to make the playoffs so the officials (IMO) took it upon themselves to ensure it happened and the Beavers won 17-14. It was so bad that even Bluefield cried foul. From what I understand they haven't used that crew since.

also richlands was driving down the field with a minute left and ran out of bounds at about the 25 or 30 to stop the clock. But the refs continued to run it. Ridiculous. Not blaming Bluefield players, coaches or fans. Just the refs.

[ QUOTE ]

what happened in 2002??? cause honestly i don't know what ya'll are talking about with the refs.. i wasn't keeping up with H.S. Football a couple of years there. so fill me in.????

[/ QUOTE ]

George Simons and his buddies screwed Richlands over big time and left a scratch on the face of Bluefield football.

the point is..... a statement was made that blfd would not schedule tazewell or richlands and that is not the case. blfd is looking everywhere for games b/c teams keep dropping them. thats why they only have nine games and thats why they have had to play teams like lee high and martinsburg.

"I remember a couple of years ago, Bluefield was undefeated and ranked #1 AA in WV. They came to Ernie Hicks to play Richlands in a "down" year. The best AA team in WV came within a couple of plays of losing to a "down" VA AA team. I'm pretty sure that if Bluefield thought they could cross the state line and take Richlands, Tazewell, or any VA team to the woodshed consistently, they would. By the way, Bluefield has played Grundy the past two years. Grundy football has been "down" the past couple of years. Bluefield has won both games. Bluefield doesn't seem to want good tough games. They want some woodshedders. That is why they do not play the Blues or the 'Dawgs consistently."

I won't even dignify that ignorant biased nonsense with a counter.

As for richlands against parkersburg, how many richlands or va teams actually know anything about parkersburg or have seen them play. Of course you all would be biased for richlands, but you would have an opposite result of opinions if you polled parkersburg fans as well.