Richlands vs. Dobyns-Bennett: Who wins?

jblank

what kind of comparison is this. Richlands is a d3 school and the indians are a top ranked 5a school. i do not know alot about them as i would say most people dont on this board except the VA High posters. I would hope that the blues could come out victorious, but i cannot say for sure. if i had to guess i would so be a good game

also we might know more about this matchup after this friday night. The only like opponent would be Tennessee High, even though you cannot go by that. But DB beat TH 41-7 and TH beat VH 34-6, so i guess if the blues beat VH by 50 or more it would be a good game.

this is the only time i will agree with someone from abingdon but yeah DB is way better than any other team around here... the speed of that team is insane and they have 6 or 7 kids that are as fast or if not faster than jennings sorry if i mispelled it but yeah they will probably be bigger and stronger... this would be no contest from kick off to the final buzzer it would be Db hands down

thats just reality

Taking nothing away from Richlands but Dobyns-Bennett is a whole different monster. It's like comparing a weak division 1 team to a strong division 4 team in Virginia. All in all, Southwest Virginia teams are ahead of 1A, 2A and 3A Tennessee teams but 5A Dobyns-Bennett would be a kick in the head to ANY teams in SWVA. Although there are plenty of division 5 and 6 teams in Virginia that would compare very well to DB. You have to keep things in perspective, no disrespect meant.

[ QUOTE ]

Taking nothing away from Richlands but Dobyns-Bennett is a whole different monster. It's like comparing a weak division 1 team to a strong division 4 team in Virginia. All in all, Southwest Virginia teams are ahead of 1A, 2A and 3A Tennessee teams but 5A Dobyns-Bennett would be a kick in the head to ANY teams in SWVA. Although there are plenty of division 5 and 6 teams in Virginia that would compare very well to DB. You have to keep things in perspective, no disrespect meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. I just thought it would make for nice discussion, the best of this area of Virginia versus the best of this part of Tennessee. I know its hard to compare the two, but it still makes for interesting debate, in my opinion at least.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

DB would dominate this game!! beans and cornbead isnt enought to compete with these boys.. they have 104 boys on their team, and with those 104 u can have what u need..

[/ QUOTE ]

Of those 104, how many will be on the field at one time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why the hell don't you go back to Division 4 and deal with Salem?

[ QUOTE ]

Then why the hell don't you go back to Division 4 and deal with Salem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Richlands' decision. The VHSL moves teams up or down according to enrollment. The schools themselves have no say in it. Richlands dropped because Martinsville moved up. I would much rather be D4.

who knows how that would have turned out. d4 does not make u a srong team. both divisions have good teams and not so good teams. last year d4 teams did not appear to be as strong overall as the d3 teams. this year d4 appears much stronger. i certainly think richlands could contend in that division. reguardless lossing enrollment and droping a division is not a step in the right direction and presents a much bigger problem

Guest zeus71

I think this game goes right down to the wire. With DB winning maybe on there last possession. I beleive both teams are equal talent wise and scheme wise but I think that DB deffinately has more depth and have been a great program for a few years now with southwest virginia boy as head coach, the great Graham Clark. Richlands also does not face the competition that DB does week in and week out. Like all the knoxville schools and Oak Ridge. Final Score DB-31 Richlands-28

Oh it's a great discussion no doubt and is an interesting debate. I have a daughter that lives in eastern Virginia and I've seen some division 5 and 6 games, they would whip Dobyns-Bennett around like ragdolls. I love our football here in ole southwest Virginia and we can hold our own with any schools with comparable numbers but it's like night and day the talent pool these large schools have and the talent they can put on the field.