Richlands vs. Dobyns-Bennett: Who wins?

jblank

Comparing the top teams with similar in enrollment in VA and TN is laughable generally. VA has a lot better talent generally, and teams overall. Look at recruitment. Normally the best team in TN the last few years could be found in 4A, or even 2A. Maryville, and Alcoa have been better than DB year in and year out over the last 4 years I would say.

I haven't seen DB in a couple of years, but really they don't have huge boys on the line or nothing, but they may have a little more speed at the skill positions, but I think the top teams in SWVA could make a decent game of it. Who wins? Who knows? The 03 GC team would have whipped DB that year IMO. Most of the teams from PV or GC in the would have given them a dang good run for their money, and won a couple.

TN high school football for the most part is a lot weaker than VA. Take Graham for instance when they faced Greeneville. At that time Greeneville was pretty dang tough in TN, and lost to DB by a FG or TD when Graham split with them if I am not mistaken.

I haven't seen either team this year, but last year, I would have said that Richlands would have probably won like 21-10 or something. Who knows though, DB will never schedule a small VA school. it would hurt their street cred! :;

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Then why the hell don't you go back to Division 4 and deal with Salem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Richlands' decision. The VHSL moves teams up or down according to enrollment. The schools themselves have no say in it. Richlands dropped because Martinsville moved up. I would much rather be D4.

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats the case bigd then graham wouldve been moved to single A years ago.you can protest it and win.because graham has been doing it for years.richlands could be in div.4 if they wanted too. just like graham could be single A if they wanted to.but graham likes to play up instead of down.i think carlock told me back in 1997 that he had to appeal this thing about playing AA football all the time.richlands has the numbers to play div.4 easily.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Richlands' decision. The VHSL moves teams up or down according to enrollment. The schools themselves have no say in it. Richlands dropped because Martinsville moved up. I would much rather be D4.

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats the case bigd then graham wouldve been moved to single A years ago.you can protest it and win.because graham has been doing it for years.richlands could be in div.4 if they wanted too. just like graham could be single A if they wanted to.but graham likes to play up instead of down.i think carlock told me back in 1997 that he had to appeal this thing about playing AA football all the time.richlands has the numbers to play div.4 easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schools can request to play up in CLASSIFICATION only...the VHSL assigns what DIVISION each school plays in...schools have NO SAY in what DIVISION they play in...Richlands is playing in the DIVISION they are supposed to be in...as is Graham, only because they CHOOSE to play up in CLASSIFICATION...

if they wouldnt have moved to d3 then i seriously doubt they would have gotten as far as they did last year..IMO

How can you even possibly say that, they would have made it at least to the State semifinals against Salem because there was no one in Region IV Division IV that could have beat them, and then I think it would have been a very good game between them and Salem.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Schools can request to play up in CLASSIFICATION only...the VHSL assigns what DIVISION each school plays in...schools have NO SAY in what DIVISION they play in...Richlands is playing in the DIVISION they are supposed to be in...as is Graham, only because they CHOOSE to play up in CLASSIFICATION...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats my point.if they want to play up let them play up.thats what im saying.but if they dont want anything to do with the likes of salem then they should stay in div.3 but i would like to play up if it were me.

Schools are allowed to petition to play up or down in classification (A, AA, AAA) but not division. The VHSL divides the schools in each region into two divisions based on enrollment. In 2004 Richlands had the lowest enrollment in region 4, division 4 while Martinsville had the highest in region 4, division 3. When the 2005 enrollment numbers came out Richlands had slipped below the enrollment of Martinsville so the VHSL moved both schools. This is something the schools have no say in whatsoever. There are no appeals or petitions.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats my point.if they want to play up let them play up.thats what im saying.but if they dont want anything to do with the likes of salem then they should stay in div.3 but i would like to play up if it were me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the point is a team CAN NOT PLAY UP IN DIVISIONS...

[ QUOTE ]

who cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you did enough to post your smart assed crap. Why come in here if only to piss on the thread? Take it elsewhere.

Not completely BigD4VT. A team can petition to play down a division if they are less than half of the size of the largest school in that division. The "Rye Cove Rule" as it is known was formed 2 years ago after everyone complained about RC being in D2, something RC had know control over even though they listed only 192 on their enrollment.