Carroll County at Richlands

parsons

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy must have an ego problem, calling wicks who probably layed him out in the abingdon game and then saying he is the strongest guy on the team. Go you. your the best, strongest, most talented player ive ever heard.

[ QUOTE ]

That I am the strongest guy on the team

[/ QUOTE ]

haha what team? plus the strongest one on our team would only be like 3rd at some other schools. I know this. And yes, whatever he says, dont associate with our school.

I'm usually a ghost here but here is a couple of thoughts about this game or should I say things that make me think something...

1. Everyone thinks that Richlands will just run over CC. But is that over confidence?

2. Who was the team to play them the toughest last year in the regular season..maybe all year until the last game?

3. Who was the last team to beat Richlands in the regular season (per local newspaper quote)?

This game has upset written all over it. Sooner or later CC will win a SW district title(their due), could this be the year?. The thing about the 2 losses this year for Carroll just makes it easier for everyone to underestimate them. This will be the first game they(CC) are fully healthy since the Tazewell game.

I could be wrong but this game just has a funny aura about it.

well the answer to your first question is that the only was that may be overconfident is the fans and guess what they do not play the game. The players are focused and ready for a challenge. If there is one thing I have noticed about coach mance last year and this year is how he is able to keep this team focused and not have a let down. I mean come on they could have easily lost focus every week knowing they were predicted to beat every team they have played by a large margin. They keep their heads straight and play their opponent like they are the best team in the state. Thats what makes them good.

answer to question 2 is last year is last year. Carroll played them tough as I do believe they will this year. There is no doubt in my mind Carroll will come into this game wanting to win knowing they can win. But in my honest opinion the blues are the better team so they will come out on top by a couple of touchdowns or more.

Hopefully this game will be good. Love to see an exciting game.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Everyone thinks that Richlands will just run over CC. But is that over confidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say most think Richlands will run over CC. There are many who expect a good game.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Who was the team to play them the toughest last year in the regular season..maybe all year until the last game?

[/ QUOTE ]

The game last year was, well, last year. Carroll played well, Richlands didn't, at least not on offense. The offense last year, while very good, never really found their rhythm. This year they've been dead on since the first snap of the first game.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Who was the last team to beat Richlands in the regular season (per local newspaper quote)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gate City. Carroll was the last SWD team to beat them on 10/31/2003

[ QUOTE ]

This game has upset written all over it. Sooner or later CC will win a SW district title(their due), could this be the year?. The thing about the 2 losses this year for Carroll just makes it easier for everyone to underestimate them. This will be the first game they(CC) are fully healthy since the Tazewell game.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is the average score in your games against Tazewell, Abingdon, Marion and Grundy was 17-13. Richlands average score against those same teams was 53-4...

[ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but this game just has a funny aura about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't noticed it but I'm sure it will be a good game.

Hey if I'm wrong then I won't be a ghost and I'll come on her Sat. and say that I was goofy. Basically I think the game goes 2 ways.

A.Carroll wins a close one

or

B. Richlands wins big

Sooner or later Caroll will come around and win the big one..they can't be tough lovable chokers forever can they?

I just figure it will be sooner then later.

Also if injuries hadn't have crept up on CC then they would probably be 8-0 going into this game and people wouldn't be predicting such a blow out.

Also the stat about last team to beat them was at this link

http://www.galaxgazette.com/articles/2006/10/25/news/sports/sports01.txt

Sorry if I was wrong. Just going by what paper said. Check the bottom of the article.

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.galaxgazette.com/articles/2006/10/25/news/sports/sports01.txt

Sorry if I was wrong. Just going by what paper said. Check the bottom of the article.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting article. I hope our defense reads that. They got called out by Hale. Best of luck to Richlands. I hope CC is 100% healthy for the game.

[ QUOTE ]

“They're big and physical, and they'll get their share of big plays,†Hale said. “But if there is a weakness it is their defense, and if anybody beats them, they will have to have an offense that can keep their offense off the field.â€Â

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he actually said the defense is a weakness. He must have been smoking something to be able to look at film and see a weakness on that defense. I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I do understand coach speak, but that's a ridiculous statement.

Maybe he was trying to state that if Carroll's 0ffense is on the field, that is the best defense??? Or maybe I am reaching for an answer. That is an interesting statement. Only fuel for the fire in what should be a knock down drag out game! Can't wait!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Shane Wicks is a cheerleader as well..oh yea I can see it now thought he was a little fruity

[/ QUOTE ]

That Wasn't me douchebag i don't know who it was but oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

Does'nt say anything..and not proving nothing,still a cheerleader in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

If you even knew who i was then you would know that i was far from a cheerleader.It's pretty bad tho b/c i think our cheerleaders could have beat you guys.I can't help i'm rediculously good looking lol

Guest Woolybugger

Hale wasn't in any way implying that Richlands' defense is weak. He was saying that they are so talented on offense, the way to beat them is to control the ball, get your first downs and keep their D on the field, because it's a heckuva lot harder to beat their O than their D. A quote is a quote, and you can't put words in someone's mouth in print.

He also said in the article, "I have the greatest respect for their team and for their coaches, and we've got to go up there and play like we did early in the season..." Notice he didn't differentiate between their offense and their defense.

The quote says "But if there is a weakness it is their defense"......."if", it does'nt say there IS a weakness. Nobody with a weak defense just allows 44 points in 8 games, that tells me there are NO weaknesses on defense.

Probably means the only chance they have is to try and grind the game out as best they can to keep the Richlands offense off the field as much as possible.

certainly is an interesting article,will be even more interesting to see how the blues respond.im also sure that by pregame this article will have made attractive fodder adorning the walls of our locker room of doomooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Shane Wicks is a cheerleader as well..oh yea I can see it now thought he was a little fruity

[/ QUOTE ]

That Wasn't me douchebag i don't know who it was but oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

Does'nt say anything..and not proving nothing,still a cheerleader in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

If you even knew who i was then you would know that i was far from a cheerleader.It's pretty bad tho b/c i think our cheerleaders could have beat you guys.I can't help i'm rediculously good looking lol

[/ QUOTE ]

woa shane! lets not go that far... dont disrespect our team just because of A_TOWN_FALCON

woa shane! lets not go that far... dont disrespect our team just because of A_TOWN_FALCON

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to disrespect your team it just made me mad. I shouldn't have said that just b/c one guy ran his mouth about something he didn't have a clue about. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year

interesting tibit......

If I'm not mistaking Coach Hale(Caroll county) played his football at Big Creek somewhere in the 70s. If you can remember Acacombie at running back, he play somewhere around his time, they used the wing-t then. Hale's mentor came from Big Creek also and came from the same era as Carlock, Joel Hicks, and Rider. Hale is very able to get the most out of his players and play ball control offense.

His article sounds like his game plan will be to get two to four yard gains getting first down keeping the offense off the field and eating clock. Richlands "D" should take this as calling them out.

As long as Richlands doesn't let its fans, like me, make them complacent they will take care of business. Don't believe many teams can concieve how good this team is until they get on the field with them and then they can't do nothing about it. With 6 returning players Carroll could give Richlands as good a game as Graham.

After reading some comments/interpretations on Hale's comments in this thread...I believe it is up to the Richlands D to interpret the comments as they please. Right/Wrong, Motivation/No Motivation.

/ just sayin'

// Could depend on the definition of what the word "IS" is. (Obscure?)