Virginia Tech vs Miami...Who will win?

Beaverteeth

Who will win?  

1. 1. Who will win?

[ QUOTE ]

well if tech can win there last 3, and WVU doesnt get a BCS bid are there any chances of seeing the hokies in the gator bowl against WVU???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, due to the Big Ten/Big East agreement to rotate sending a team to the Gator and Sun bowls it's like that WVU would go to the Sun Bowl. However, should VT be in line for a Gator Bowl those folks would be crazy not to pull rank and take WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well if tech can win there last 3, and WVU doesnt get a BCS bid are there any chances of seeing the hokies in the gator bowl against WVU???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, due to the Big Ten/Big East agreement to rotate sending a team to the Gator and Sun bowls it's like that WVU would go to the Sun Bowl. However, should VT be in line for a Gator Bowl those folks would be crazy not to pull rank and take WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I would to. CHOKIES would get romped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like WVU romped them their last two years they played?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats whats wrong with everyone on here now, they dwell too much on the past. It doesnt matter what record either team has, one team will come out victorious. It will be a fight to the finish. Besides history dont lie. VT has a better record for the rivalry

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] just remember the hokies beat WVU when adam bednarik was QB, it would have been interesting to see how that game would have went had pat white been the starter instead of a slow white guy runnin the spread offense

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] just remember the hokies beat WVU when adam bednarik was QB, it would have been interesting to see how that game would have went had pat white been the starter instead of a slow white guy runnin the spread offense

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Pat White entered the VT game late in the first quarter after Bednarik was injured and played the entire second half. White was 9 for 11 passing for 85 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed the ball 11 times for 44 yards. Slaton carried the ball 11 times for 90 yards

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I love how WVU fans call VT the "chokies" when the only big game they have one lately is UGA. Here is a stat for you, WVU has only won 2 out of the last 13 bowl games. Now that is choking.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

WVU is 10-15 all time in bowls, and Rich didn't get his first win until last year. He was 0-3 until UGA and lost those games by a combined 72 points. The only wins in the last 13 games was last year and Music city bowl...

Why does everyone say "Pre Vick"? He played for two years! It's not like VT was born the day he stepped on campus.

To answer your question about the bowl record, I can tell you what it is under Beamer but I would have to look up "Pre Beamer" because bowl games were few and far between before HE stepped on campus.

1993 - Liberty Bowl vs Indiana W

1994 - Gator Bowl vs Tennessee L

1995 - Sugar Bowl vs Texas W

1996 - Orange Bowl vs Nebraska L

1997 - Gator Bowl vs North Carolina L

1998 - Music City Bowl vs Alabama W

1999 - Sugar Bowl vs Florida State L (National Championship)

2000 - Gator Bowl vs Clemson W

2001 - Gator Bowl vs Florida State L

2002 - Diamond Walnut Bowl vs Air Force W

2003 - Insight Bowl vs California L

2004 - Sugar Bowl vs Auburn L

2005 - Gator Bowl vs Louisville W

6-7 under Frank Beamer

3-3 before Vick, 3-4 after

13 consecutive bowl games (3 BCS)

I want to say the Hokies only played in two bowls before Beamer but I'm not positive. I do know they lost the Sun Bowl against Miami in the 60's, and won the Peach Bowl against NC State in 1986, but I'm not positive those were the only two.

[ QUOTE ]

Choking you say? Losing the biggest game all year on the national stage? Ah, yes. Choking.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put it like that, then every team that loses big games are choking. But since its VT everyone wants to call them the chokies. I think that is a little biased if you ask me. I guess USC choked when they lost to Texas who was obviously a better team than them last year. I guess WVU choked when they lost to Louisville. You cant just say that about one team, if youre gonna label one then label all.

1995 vs Texas

1996 vs Nebraska

1999 vs Florida State

Ooops, make that 4 BCS bowls

2004 vs Auburn

So two before Vick, one with Vick, and one after Vick. Michael Vick was a great player but he did not make Virginia Tech Football. He came to Virginia Tech because of their success. Not the other way around.

MV1 did not make VaTech football, he just brought the spotlight to Blacksburg by being a physical freak that everyone wanted to see. MV1 deserves credit for VaTech, but not all of it. He just brought to the nation what everyone around Blacksburg already knew.