Tazewell Bulldogs?

TheUnknown1

[ QUOTE ]

so i hear tazewell is having an open gym once or twice a week.. what kind of player are the dawgs expected to have this year?.. and what should be expected?

[/ QUOTE ]

WHite, slow, and nerdy.

Come on man. You must have been one of the GRAHAM FAITHFUL. Lee is a good coach and fine man. Perhaps you are one of those kids who didnt play even though your parents were there every day kissing butt and contributed to the boosters. You may have sat with Mr. Yost in the stands and talked about how they didnt play the most talented kids. LOL Mr. Yost and all the rich parents were mad because they finally had a set of coaches at Graham who didn't care who your parents were. They based everything on ones playing ability. Its a harsh reality for some "Im better than you and you know it" parents and the rest of the high and mighty at Graham when a young man plays because he is good, listens and works hard. Not because his parents complain and give money to the boosters and know the "right" people. Thank god for Glyn Carlock, Lee Walker, and those like them they do not back down from the pressures from the fools. I think they have done a excellent job despite the blatant lack of talent in the area of basketball. And yes Mr. Yost (Grandad) no one likes to hear how awful other kids are and how great your grandkids are, how dumb the coaches are, etc. They are fine boys and dont need you making them look bad. Maybe you could be positive for once. Just a guess, but people may learn to like you.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on man. You must have been one of the GRAHAM FAITHFUL. Lee is a good coach and fine man. Perhaps you are one of those kids who didnt play even though your parents were there every day kissing butt and contributed to the boosters. You may have sat with Mr. Yost in the stands and talked about how they didnt play the most talented kids. LOL Mr. Yost and all the rich parents were mad because they finally had a set of coaches at Graham who didn't care who your parents were. They based everything on ones playing ability. Its a harsh reality for some "Im better than you and you know it" parents and the rest of the high and mighty at Graham when a young man plays because he is good, listens and works hard. Not because his parents complain and give money to the boosters and know the "right" people. Thank god for Glyn Carlock, Lee Walker, and those like them they do not back down from the pressures from the fools. I think they have done a excellent job despite the blatant lack of talent in the area of basketball. And yes Mr. Yost (Grandad) no one likes to hear how awful other kids are and how great your grandkids are, how dumb the coaches are, etc. They are fine boys and dont need you making them look bad. Maybe you could be positive for once. Just a guess, but people may learn to like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!!!

umm actually i started for coach walker (in jv my sophomore year) and led us every game in assists and points... but as far as my parents kissin butt get real, im not one of the rich kids im one of the ones that hates them, thats why i didnt like coach walker durin the season cause he showed favortism towards the rich kids at graham, i could give yall examples of what he did but i dont wanna talk crap about my teammates... and if hes such a great coach, why did he get fired from tazewell before?

Lee and CCarlock are both good coaches. He was ran out of Graham also, but he is back at Tazewell. I just think people have realized they made a mistake. KT I have seen you play and wish you the best of luck, but Im not sure your stats are correct. Didnt you play a sixth man role? Didnt Carper or Yost lead in assists? Im sure the scoring stat is wrong also. You are a good player with a good outside game and I have always thought you needed more PT. Hows it looking for this year?

coach walker might not know much about football but he does know his basketball.....give him some time and tazewell will be a good team again.....and yes, lee walker wont let the parents run the team like in past yrs....lee walker will turn tazewell's basketball team around.

i hope he plays the right people for yall and yall do good, but i know even at graham he still let the parents control what he did, so i dont think he has changed, but up there he might be different

I disagree with your assessment of Coach Walker. The parents at Graham had no influence on Coach Walker. He is his own man and he would not have tolerated that. I went to all the games and I never saw anything like that. He is a disciplinarian and makes his kids get in shape. He will do fine in Tazewell and I wish him well. He did more with less on the JV level than most could. He is intense, but I like that in a coach.