We would like to see Richlands vs. James Monroe

yarlo

nothing factual about it, the scrimmage happened, richlands was defeated. bluefield was without 2 lineman and a linebacker and didn't even have allen carter on the team at that time.

Schedule the games and put your $ where your mouths are.

I'm not suggesting bluefield would or wouldn't defeat richlands at this point in a game, but whatever I'd write would only be a biased opinion, not a fact.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look ive seen both teams play...ur right nothing is factual till it happens..but bluefield is an average team...richlands has the best qb, the best running back and the best wide reciever probably in the state if not they r very close...bluefield has an average running back and qb that can be shut down easily....just be glad that we aint on ur schedule this year or next....

"richlands has the best qb, the best running back and the best wide reciever probably in the state if not they r very close...bluefield has an average running back and qb that can be shut down easily"

if i'm correct all those mentioned were on the field during the scrimmage, bluefield's players and richland's players alike.

[ QUOTE ]

nothing factual about it, the scrimmage happened, richlands was defeated. bluefield was without 2 lineman and a linebacker and didn't even have allen carter on the team at that time.

Schedule the games and put your $ where your mouths are.

I'm not suggesting bluefield would or wouldn't defeat richlands at this point in a game, but whatever I'd write would only be a biased opinion, not a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously since the two teams do not play predictions of how the game would go are speculation.....but all evidence points to richlands winning .......graham beat both mount view and bluefield handily.....as for bluefield winning the scrimmage as proof of bluefields ability to play with richlands the evidence still points to the contrary.....richlands was winning when the starters (and i use that term loosely as so many weren't playing anyway) came out of the game.....trying to compare having 2 or 3 players missing as opposed to seven is nonsensical....the previous week against christiansburg richlands had 3 starters out and still beat christiansburg (the same c'burg who beat pulaski who "beat" richlands in the scrimmage) by 5 or 6 td's.....richlands having all those linemen out (6 out of 7 injured) completely took away the ability to run the ball....obviously with those guys back richlands has been able to run the ball at will.....richlands averaged over 7 yards a carry against the same graham defense that stuffed the bluefield running game......

bluefield didn't show up against graham, that's all there is to that, but that's a different argument and basically done with.

Allen carter makes a tremendous difference on bluefield's team.

Tazewell defeated graham yet the differences in the tazewell richlands, graham richlands games are big. Comparative scores can show a lot of odd results, and basically most any team can consider comparative scores to suit their argument if they complicate the matter enough.

The only fact I agree with is that it's simply speculation....

I'm just a third party here but Allen Carter would not have made a difference in the Graham game.....Carter should be on the line like he is on defense.....Bluefield was more of a threat with the speedster at FB....not to say that Carter wouldn't be a nice change of pace but he is a definite lineman.....I'm not trying to stir up the pot I just thought I would add another point of vies.....I do believe that you cannot compare scores especially if their are no more than one common team that each has played......