We would like to see Richlands vs. James Monroe

yarlo

The Mitchell Brothers were just sittin and discussin football. Brother Farlo said that it would have been great to have seen Richlands and James Monroe play this year. #2 AA Virginia vs. #2 West Virginia.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The Mitchell Brothers were just sittin and discussin football. Brother Farlo said that it would have been great to have seen Richlands and James Monroe play this year. #2 AA Virginia vs. #2 West Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

james monroe might be pretty good but just cause they crushed the perennially overrated beavers this yr doesnt mean they could touch the field against richlands.....richlands 55 JM 20.....Tazewell 33 JM 21.....Graham 27 JM 12......JM and Bluefield should re-start their rivalries with the va teams....you guys could use a lesson in humiliation

bluefield couldnt even play on the field with richlands....they need to keep their THUGS up that away and not want a beaten anytime soon....james monroe beat bluefield bad..thats not saying anything..i mean look who the beat....any team in swd would beat either one of them with the exception of grundy...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't mind seeing this game...... both teams are ranked #2 so i don't think anyone would have a problem getting fired up to play and because the travel distance isn't too bad i believe you would see one heck of a crowd....

i do not understand the desire or need to bash west virginia high school football.....i might possibly understand it if any southwest va teams had a winning record against bluefield but they don't.....

I've seen those pictures of Tazewell's football team in the BDT. You know the ones where there are about 5 of them standing in a line and they're all holding one player across the line in their arms. That's really sweet. It's football guys, not cheerleading. Maybe that's why you have such a mediocre program.

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield couldnt even play on the field with richlands....they need to keep their THUGS up that away and not want a beaten anytime soon....james monroe beat bluefield bad..thats not saying anything..i mean look who the beat....any team in swd would beat either one of them with the exception of grundy...

[/ QUOTE ]

envy, bitterness, jealousy, ignorance, you manage to wrap all those things up in 1 paragraph, congrats.

It must have been a high school literature project.

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen those pictures of Tazewell's football team in the BDT. You know the ones where there are about 5 of them standing in a line and they're all holding one player across the line in their arms. That's really sweet. It's football guys, not cheerleading. Maybe that's why you have such a mediocre program.

[/ QUOTE ]

if bluefield is soo great tell them to start playing va teams again....i think bluefield is a good team, but they would be alot better with the addition of tazewell and richlands on their schedule....if you want to be the best, play the best....at least, for richlands thats true....but tazewell is good competition....and a picture is worth a thousand words.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if bluefield is soo great tell them to start playing va teams again....i think bluefield is a good team, but they would be alot better with the addition of tazewell and richlands on their schedule....if you want to be the best, play the best....at least, for richlands thats true....but tazewell is good competition....and a picture is worth a thousand words.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, call us. We've done everything but beg for teams to schedule us and have even gone as far away as Parkersburg and Martinsburg to get someone who is willing to play us. Stop running your mouths about how poor WV football is and schedule us because the fact remains that every SWD combined doesn't have a winning record against Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep telling each other to schedule this team or that team if they are so tough. We are fans, how many people on this board have control over who their team schedules?

[/ QUOTE ]

What else can you suggest when you are continually called out by weaker and less accomplished football programs?

[ QUOTE ]

i do not understand the desire or need to bash west virginia high school football.....i might possibly understand it if any southwest va teams had a winning record against bluefield but they don't.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there's some reasonable and respectful people on this site. It's unfortunate I'm findin myself in these types of arguments on a message board, especially at my age, it's easy to think ignore it but then I have been ignoring a lot of it for quite a while and it seems to be a consistent theme anymore, and as someone passionate about bluefield football it's hard not to defend it, and in doing so I end up disrespecting other teams and their respectful fans, which i don't care to do...

It's even more unfortunate for the swva fans, I and a few others were among the 1st to be posting on the former message board in '01 and for a few years it was really enjoyable, this season it's increasingly becoming more a burden at the least.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep telling each other to schedule this team or that team if they are so tough. We are fans, how many people on this board have control over who their team schedules?

[/ QUOTE ]

What else can you suggest when you are continually called out by weaker and less accomplished football programs?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish tazewell county wouldve went with wva when they split from va.....teams from here would be playing for state every yr.....and to end this arguement, lets get ahold of our respective ADs and talk them into scheduling each other then the "what-ifs" could stop. And maybe somehow play on a neutral field bc everyone knows the home-cookin that goes on at mitchell stadium, ernie hicks, bulldog field, or wherever....and no one can deny it bc it does happen...its just a shame that the high school kids, who work hard all yr long and dream of a chance to play high school football, are the ones who have suffer bc of dumb fans getting involved in games.....let the kids play

If Bluefield could get these teams to agree, I think this would make a great schedule for them...

Graham

Princeton

James Monroe

Mount View

Shady Spring

Tazewell

Richlands

Herbert Hoover

Wayne

Poca

Lots of "local" flavor plus several big games against some of the best WV AA competition. They already have six of those teams on the schedule...the other four need to step up.

As for the rest of the "local" schools, I'd like to see this...

<u>Graham</u>

Tazewell*

Richlands*

Grundy*

Carroll Co.*

Marion*

Abingdon*

Bluefield

James Monroe

Giles

Gate City

<u>Tazewell</u>

Graham*

Richlands*

Grundy*

Carroll Co.*

Marion*

Abingdon*

Bluefield

Honaker

Lebanon

George Wythe

<u>Richlands</u>

Tazewell*

Graham*

Grundy*

Carroll Co.*

Marion*

Abingdon*

Bluefield

Lebanon

Honaker

Gate City

<u>James Monroe</u>

Graham

Bluefield

Mount View

Shady Spring

Herbert Hoover

Wayne

Poca

Greenbrier East

Liberty-Raleigh

Giles

i dunno about the wva vs va football.. we should leave that to WVU and VT or Va Cavs..lol.. but as far as Richlands and J.M.. i think Richlands would slaughter J.M. this year. but the arguement could be made that alternate years it varies! i think the 2004 Blfd. team was packing the heat, and this years Richlands team is too.. but if i were to be a defensive person (which im not) i would suggest Richlands to play Salem?

Name a team that has a overall winning record over bluefield? Taz and rhs has always got there butts handed to them for years. the blu teams i was on was just practice for the JV in 3rd and 4th qtrs. Now rhs has had a team for 2 years there a dynasy. get over it, they will be crap agian in couple more years.

the same ole "va is better than wv argument" that has been passed on from generation to generation b/c west virginia seceded from virginia and then kicked their arsses in the 1860s... virginia will always have the need to justify it...