R.E. Lee-Staunton

RichlandsAlum

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since the loss to Richlands, Tazewell has looked very good, if we (Richlands) have to play Tazewell I think it will be much much closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

it should be closer......richlands is better than tazewell but not 61-0 better.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that...let's look at some numbers...

Richlands 61 Tazewell 0...Richlands +61

Tazewell 29 Lebanon 27...Tazewell +2

That would make Richlands +63 vs. Lebanon...guess what...

Richlands 69 Lebanon 6...Richlands +63

Looks like the numbers tell the story on this one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the numbers, really really like the numbers but just using the old, "playing a team twice in a season is hard" philosophy, and knowing Tazewell would be healthy if the game happened I think it would be closer. I however like your prediction much better!! We might all find out in a couple of weeks. Good luck to Tazewell and Graham that one should be great!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know! I was just pulling the old Larry Merchant trick of "proving that the numbers don't prove anything" (old joke from years ago when LM was broadcasting a fight on HBO...we was drunk, slurring his words and made a comment something to the effect of "looking at the punch stat numbers, the numbers prove...hell, the numbers don't prove anything!"). It was funny, but I guess you had to be there and here it yourself.

As for Richlands and Tazewell, yes, with Tazewell at full strength, the game will be closer than 61-0 but I really don't think it will be a close game at all if they play again...Richlands still wins by 30+...

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry Merchant haha I think anyone that has been a boxing fan in the past 20 years has a story similar to that while listening to him hahah good post!