R.E. Lee-Staunton

RichlandsAlum

Purely academic discussion at this point, since Richlands needs to focus on one game at a time.

But the Leemen might not be as big and bad as advertised. They've been taken to the wire the last couple of weeks by Broadway and Spotswood (neither of whom are earth shakers by any stretch). As chance would have it, I'll be in Harrisonburg Friday, and I plan to take in the H'burg-Lee game.

Word around the Shenandoah Valley is that Staunton is very fast, but they aren't very physical.

Not that it matters a whole lot right now.

Go Blues! Win #11!

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone here actually seen them in action? It's hard to believe they are not a physical team, I know they have tons of speed. I would like to go see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got my info from sources in the Valley who have seen them in person. And historically, that's been Staunton's MO every year. I will confirm or deny what I've been told after this Friday night.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone here actually seen them in action? It's hard to believe they are not a physical team, I know they have tons of speed. I would like to go see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got my info from sources in the Valley who have seen them in person. And historically, that's been Staunton's MO every year. I will confirm or deny what I've been told after this Friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might try to make the game Friday night... would like to see them in action.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Are they suppose to be Richlands' biggest competition in Division 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from Tazewell, they are currently the next highest rated team in Division 3. Short answer....probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you telling me that Tazewell, the team Richlands ran into the ground, is sitting second in all Division 3 according to the Virginia ratings?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from Tazewell, they are currently the next highest rated team in Division 3. Short answer....probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you telling me that Tazewell, the team Richlands ran into the ground, is sitting second in all Division 3 according to the Virginia ratings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah points wise they are close to Richlands in the raitings.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah points wise they are close to Richlands in the raitings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.....that's interesting. Thanks for the information.

[ QUOTE ]

Since the loss to Richlands, Tazewell has looked very good, if we (Richlands) have to play Tazewell I think it will be much much closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

it should be closer......richlands is better than tazewell but not 61-0 better.....if they play again, and tazewell is actually healthy for the game, i would say more like richlands 41 tazewell 20

all games are going to be closer the second time around, and for the hints of RE Lee not being physical, i played aginst magna vista the first trip we took down there and were s*** kicked by a "lesser physical team" lol

[ QUOTE ]

all games are going to be closer the second time around, and for the hints of RE Lee not being physical, i played aginst magna vista the first trip we took down there and were s*** kicked by a "lesser physical team" lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that, they were not supposed to be physical at all, I guess no one told BJ Jumper that!!!!! I would still like to see R.E. Lee in action though.

hey alum share a little more of you r-3 wisdom and tell me what happened to hidden valley. they where supposed to be at the top of the heap and cburg handed it to them. (by the way cburg didnt look all that impressive in august)

[ QUOTE ]

hey alum share a little more of you r-3 wisdom and tell me what happened to hidden valley. they where supposed to be at the top of the heap and cburg handed it to them. (by the way cburg didnt look all that impressive in august)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it boils down to a couple of things. Hidden Valley was flat after the loss to Salem the previous week. And while Christiansburg isn't a great team, they aren't a pushover either. The Blue Demons have a pretty well developed (although fairly recent) reputation as a spoiler in Region III.

Just a bad combination of variables for Hidden Valley. The Christiansburg loss could prove to be a good thing for the Titans. This week's game against Cave Spring will tell the tale. If HV wins that one, the Titans will be pretty focused heading into the playoffs. A loss throws the region into further chaos at the D3 level.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since the loss to Richlands, Tazewell has looked very good, if we (Richlands) have to play Tazewell I think it will be much much closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

it should be closer......richlands is better than tazewell but not 61-0 better.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that...let's look at some numbers...

Richlands 61 Tazewell 0...Richlands +61

Tazewell 29 Lebanon 27...Tazewell +2

That would make Richlands +63 vs. Lebanon...guess what...

Richlands 69 Lebanon 6...Richlands +63

Looks like the numbers tell the story on this one...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it should be closer......richlands is better than tazewell but not 61-0 better.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the numbers, really really like the numbers but just using the old, "playing a team twice in a season is hard" philosophy, and knowing Tazewell would be healthy if the game happened I think it would be closer. I however like your prediction much better!! We might all find out in a couple of weeks. Good luck to Tazewell and Graham that one should be great!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the numbers, really really like the numbers but just using the old, "playing a team twice in a season is hard" philosophy, and knowing Tazewell would be healthy if the game happened I think it would be closer. I however like your prediction much better!! We might all find out in a couple of weeks. Good luck to Tazewell and Graham that one should be great!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know! I was just pulling the old Larry Merchant trick of "proving that the numbers don't prove anything" (old joke from years ago when LM was broadcasting a fight on HBO...we was drunk, slurring his words and made a comment something to the effect of "looking at the punch stat numbers, the numbers prove...hell, the numbers don't prove anything!"). It was funny, but I guess you had to be there and here it yourself.

As for Richlands and Tazewell, yes, with Tazewell at full strength, the game will be closer than 61-0 but I really don't think it will be a close game at all if they play again...Richlands still wins by 30+...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont agree.....numbers lie....can you explain the numbers on this one?? Richlands 33 Graham 9....Richlands 61 Tazewell 0.....so using that logic one would think that graham was 37 pts better than tazewell but we all know that t-town spanked them g-boys 7-6......remember, numbers lie

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont agree.....numbers lie....can you explain the numbers on this one?? Richlands 33 Graham 9....Richlands 61 Tazewell 0.....so using that logic one would think that graham was 37 pts better than tazewell but we all know that t-town spanked them g-boys 7-6......remember, numbers lie

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my last post...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my last post...

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i mustve missed it....let me check it out

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know! I was just pulling the old Larry Merchant trick of "proving that the numbers don't prove anything" (old joke from years ago when LM was broadcasting a fight on HBO...we was drunk, slurring his words and made a comment something to the effect of "looking at the punch stat numbers, the numbers prove...hell, the numbers don't prove anything!"). It was funny, but I guess you had to be there and here it yourself.

As for Richlands and Tazewell, yes, with Tazewell at full strength, the game will be closer than 61-0 but I really don't think it will be a close game at all if they play again...Richlands still wins by 30+...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post....lol...should be another GREAT game between tazewell and graham.....impossible to pick a winner