record setting night in pittsburg

jets

[ QUOTE ]

white is better than vick......white runs better and his passer rating is above 70...way above 70, as in 160 some

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere close to what Vick was in college. Comparisons shouldn't even be made until White can lead WVU to the national title game and comes close to winning it. In other words, you'll never be able to make the comparison because he will never do it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

white is better than vick......white runs better and his passer rating is above 70...way above 70, as in 160 some

[/ QUOTE ]

46-29 isnt exactly a close loss....more like a convincing victory.

Nowhere close to what Vick was in college. Comparisons shouldn't even be made until White can lead WVU to the national title game and comes close to winning it. In other words, you'll never be able to make the comparison because he will never do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong as it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure Vick had the highest rating in the NCAA in 1999. Vick hasn't been the greatest passer in the NFL but his abilities in college were never in question.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't compare the QB rating between NCAA and NFL players, they use two completly diffent formulas. The NFL rating maxs out at 158.3. The NCAA formula dosn't max out, it can go as high as the numbers allow. And the calculations are different.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't compare the QB rating between NCAA and NFL players, they use two completly diffent formulas. The NFL rating maxs out at 158.3. The NCAA formula dosn't max out, it can go as high as the numbers allow. And the calculations are different.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i see...well, i didnt know that. I always thought that the lower nfl passer rating was due to the tougher competition. I may be wrong but this is something to think about mike vick's struggles in the nfl could cause many owners to look negatively upon pat white. Mike Vick cant get it done in the nfl so why take a chance on another running qb. I think that the struggles of mike vick in the nfl will sway owners away from other similar style qbs. i could be wrong but thats just my opinion.

I agree for the most part. But I think alot of the present struggles Vick is going through falls on his recievers. They have to be able to hang onto the ball on every pass, and they havent been doing that. When they dont do that, it causes Vick to have to do more with his feet, and then this causes alot of tiring which results in fumbles like the one against the Browns last sunday that cost them the game. But, in my opinion Vick was a better QB in college then Pat White is now.

I agree too. Vick has improved major this year thanks to the qb coach they have. Pat White may be faster but dont have the moves that Vick did or still has. White can do all that running in the College level but let him ask Vick about doing it in the NFL level. Its much harder and Vick will tell ya that, and why wouldn't anyone take a chance on White, the Titans did with Vince Young? When you take a QB like this guys you have to build your offense around ther ability's.