Richlands vs Graham... Region IV Championship

bluekick

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Your exactly right they can talk crap all day long but are crap will talk with helmets and shoulder pads Friday night

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be getting your "crap" confused. All the talk is coming from fans of other teams... and of course from Graham, but not from Richlands. I think everyone here expects the game of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

To say that this is a disingenuous post would be an understatement. Richlands' fans have pratically penciled in their trip to the State Final ever since the pre-season began. To say different while monitoring these boards is just laughable. It's State Title of bust for this team, in the eyes of their fans.

I'm not sure what you mean... Every fan, player and coach on every team hopes for a State Championship. Where am I being disengenous in saying Richlands fans expect this to be the game of the year?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean... Every fan, player and coach on every team hopes for a State Championship. Where am I being disengenous in saying Richlands fans expect this to be the game of the year?

[/ QUOTE ]

The game of the year will be the State Title game where Richlands' "unfinished business" from last year will be completed. The Blue's Nation expects, not hopes, expects to beat Graham period. In another post there are already questions/discussions about the location of Hidden Valley High School.

To label anything the "game of the year" other than the game that will absolve last years dissapointment in Lynchburg is an exercise of either self control or outright denial. I just haven't figured out which.

We all know... fans, players and coaches, that to get to/win a State Championship requires focusing on and beating the team in front of you. Do we expect to beat Graham...? I know I do and I hope Graham expects to beat Richlands. Otherwise what's the point?

As far as the "Game of the Year" this is it. Graham is the most talented team Richlands has faced and they proved last year (as well as last week) that they're hard to beat twice. Now you can think I'm blowing smoke or whatever you want to think, but I expect this to be the best game I've seen since Liberty-Bedford came to town last year. It's Graham/Richlands!!! No other game gets "The Ernie" rocking like this one!!!

Graham had room to improve during this season.....and they did (noted). Richlands, well, where is there room to improve on what they have done to this point. Their game is pretty tight. The blues will spread the Gmen so thin on the field that a pencil eraser could poke a hole in them. Way to much Fire Power for the Gmen to defend. Honestly, even with Graham reading the cliff notes all week, they get beat. Richlands fans have not seen the Blues Fire and Full Power yet. Good game for a half. Graham will have their best players playing both ways and who can play at that speed for the four quarters. Also, in the last few games look at how many pass attempts the Gmen had.....very little. The only way Graham has a chance is to get the ball and throw out the anchor and milk the clock. They have to keep the game on the ground and low scoring to even attempt at a chance and we all know thats not going to happen. Another high scoring game and the Blues move forward to the next round.