Track

EH31

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

both carroll boys and girls came out on top wednedsay at a tri-meet with graham and tazewell. it was the first meet of the season for the cavaliers, who were without two major contributors due to injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

came out on top? the guys won what like three events for you guys? if i recall graham won that meet yesterday.

nope, sorry to disappoint you, but both carroll teams won. i know this for a fact, seeing as i saw the official book for the meet. as you know, you don't just score points in track for winning an event. yesterday, the top 4 places earned points. our guys won by nearly 20, i think it was something like by 16 or 18, and the girls by around 30.

your guys dusted ours in the sprints and jumps (and the 4x100 relay lol), but you have practically no middle distance or distance runners, and we made up points there because we had multiple guys place. case in point: we had two teams run the 4X400 relay, and they got 1st and 2nd. graham didn't field a team; there's 8 points for carroll right there. same thing for the 3200; there's another 8.

if you'd like, i can post a full recap after the holiday... nice sprints, btw.

[ QUOTE ]

nope, sorry to disappoint you, but both carroll teams won. i know this for a fact, seeing as i saw the official book for the meet. as you know, you don't just score points in track for winning an event. yesterday, the top 4 places earned points. our guys won by nearly 20, i think it was something like by 16 or 18, and the girls by around 30.

your guys dusted ours in the sprints and jumps (and the 4x100 relay lol), but you have practically no middle distance or distance runners, and we made up points there because we had multiple guys place. case in point: we had two teams run the 4X400 relay, and they got 1st and 2nd. graham didn't field a team; there's 8 points for carroll right there. same thing for the 3200; there's another 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to call you on that but under offical track rule you only score points for 1 relay team. It sounds like the meet could have been closer.Carroll still won if that was the only mistake

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to call you on that but under offical track rule you only score points for 1 relay team.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. yeah, totally forgot that one--my bad. okay, so the boys' team won by x-3<20 instead of whatever i originally said.

actually, i'm sure coach knows that, and may have caught that when he looked over things. i'll double-check.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to call you on that but under offical track rule you only score points for 1 relay team.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. yeah, totally forgot that one--my bad. okay, so the boys' team won by x-3<20 instead of whatever i originally said.

actually, i'm sure coach knows that, and may have caught that when he looked over things. i'll double-check.

[/ QUOTE ]

we were missing like half our team so we pretty much sucked...hahah

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to call you on that but under offical track rule you only score points for 1 relay team. It sounds like the meet could have been closer.Carroll still won if that was the only mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

well i left after the boys 4x100 so that's probably why i expected why we won. though you're right we suck with long distance. But once district rolls around we bring our soccer boys for distance which always helps.

[ QUOTE ]

But once district rolls around we bring our soccer boys for distance which always helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

at carroll, our kids aren't allowed to do that. as it is, i don't think pulling from soccer teams would help us much. softball, definitely...

• 2 weeks later...

what happened to tazewell track?? When i was in high school Tazewell track was a dominant force and that was only 7 yrs ago.....If we didnt win the region meet then the season was a disappointment

i did not know it was supposed to be moved to the 9th. the 16th would have been perfect but that gives Graham another home meet. However, Tibbs, I agree, your track isnt very good. But you never know, things could turn out great with some tough competition. I see you and Salyers are running neck and neck in the 100. You 2 are the fastest in the district this year. That should be competition enough to run well on your track.