Track

EH31

[ QUOTE ]

i did not know it was supposed to be moved to the 9th. the 16th would have been perfect but that gives Graham another home meet. However, Tibbs, I agree, your track isnt very good. But you never know, things could turn out great with some tough competition. I see you and Salyers are running neck and neck in the 100. You 2 are the fastest in the district this year. That should be competition enough to run well on your track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we have a home meet the 9th than the next meet is district. Though Steve Brown will be coming to run at district so that's even more competition.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

yeah Tazewell track used to be great till... well you know how things like that go!!! but anyway it would be alot bettrer if people were not aloud to come and go as they please... it would be a whole lot better if i was treated like a real sport and you would acualy be required to come to pratice.... or.... if people were not allowed to come up in the middle of the season and be allowed to run after not being their for one pratice much less one meet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Coach Keene still the track coach?

[ QUOTE ]

The shotput area up Graham always messed with me because it looks like your throwing on to the hillside.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i know. i also hate how when it rains the shot put area always retains like a foot of water.

[ QUOTE ]

With him on your 4x1 team you guys will be awesome, not that you guys arent already good.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully we can have our "true" relay team tomorrow to get some reps in before district

So a student athlete who is practicing everyday should not be allowed to run track or participate in field events why? Track and Field is the most objective sport other than swimming -- it's you against the clock or measuring tape -- so if your the best then you get the place to compete. It seems to me LEB that the word TEAM has not been explained really well to you - you win as a TEAM and you lose as a TEAM -- the students who are not at practice everyday are practicing -- they usually don't finish practice until after 7pm because after they finish the sport which requires them to practice as a TEAM together due to positions they then practice track -- maybe you should try it -- do two and/or three sports -- one of the people I know you are attacking is a SENIOR who wants to try and do it all before she leaves THS -- she is not taking anything from you or asking you for anything -- so relax and enjoy your junior year -- next year you'll be a Senior and will know how it feels to be counting those last few days that you will be in high school -- hopefully you too will feel that same desire to have a taste of it all and want it all -- and hopefully the word TEAM will mean something by then.

Good post 8ball!!! Ive done the same thing and I know whats its like to play a million different sports at once. Its seems to me that people only complain when they are losing but when they are the ones winning then it doesnt seem to be a problem. Just because someone from another sport comes and participates in track during districts but not practice doesnt necessarilly mean they arent paracticing something else at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope one of you guys will post results for us. I know that the BDT probably won't do anything and I doubt WVVA will give any coverage. You know the meet is within a 5 minute drive of the TV station, and not in Beckley, so I doubt they would send a camera crew.

I attended a middle school conference track meet yesterday and look at these results. (100m) 1st 11.05 2nd 11.47 (long jump) 1st 20'6" 2nd 18'11 (1600) 1st 5:04 (4x100) 1st 46.21 2nd 46.72 (200) 23.4. I have never seen 7th and 8th graders run and jump like this.