question for Grundy

WaveFan09

idk about that, but i'd say grundy's rather impressive streak of consecutive region titles will come to an end next season with the addition of the river ridge to region iv. whoever thought that was a good idea clearly was under the influence...

i dont want to stir the situation 09 but why do want to know????Maybe you want to put the times they received second place at the bottom of every post, i dont know...But here is the deal we dont count them, the GRUNDY WRESTLERS do not like to reminded of placeing second.......and yes IF U AINT FIRST YOUR LAST......

either way...pretty impressive program top to bottom for 20+ years...a lot to be proud of.

I remember back prior to that the big thing was in little league...competition was huge for the feeder program...Red Robertson, Jim Wayne Childress, WJ Caudill...a lot of other people as well...had the little league system running full speed...i figure this is as much to blame for Grundy's recent drop from the top as it has in football...all the feeder schools are closed and the little league system is no where near what it was in the early 80's.

I think if you fix that and get more competetion early on and can get more kids interested in sports because they actually get to play and learn the games - instead of playing XboX - then you reap a lot more kids at the high school level later on...Buchanan County will never truly be competetive again until they fix the feeder program.

• 2 weeks later...