VHSL to take Basketball to 2 Divisions starting next year

bucfan64

Vote was approved yesterday to move each Group into Divisional Play, much like football.

There will now be a Group A division 1 and 2 state title, as well as Group AA Division 3 and 4 and Group AAA Division 5 and 6.

The official word should come out soon

I like the concept, but it will have the same flaws as we see in football. You still will have schools playing A that are bigger than AA schools, and you will still have regions where the schools in the lower division of AA are larger than the biggest upper division schools in other regions.

Until these issues are resolved, the system will continue to have problems. Now the problems will be in basketball as well as football. The classes need to be set strictly on enrollment and be uniform statewide.

I agree with you GMan, but I believe that this is a step in the right direction.............. your answer is the final solution the VHSL just doesn't do things the logical way that would require common sense....

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you GMan, but I believe that this is a step in the right direction.............. your answer is the final solution the VHSL just doesn't do things the logical way that would require common sense....

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make that response but I couldn't have said it any better...