Bluefield vs. Magnolia 1:00 p.m. Thurs.

bsfoy

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

OK i guess Gilliard takes the blame for this one too. I wonder when people can just say, "we lost to a better team"

[/ QUOTE ]

We got beasted on the boards and our offense was bad again. I said earlier in the year we were lacking a dominant big man and our half court offense was not very good. Its actually been like that for the past few years now.

Guest JJBrickface

Well we don't have that many pure shooters and Dexter was off today. I think he finished 4-11.

I listened to the 4th quarter, don't know how the game was played from start to finish but bluefield had their opportunities in the very last seconds, but only scoring 48 points for the game, it obviously wasn't there style of game or what could be expected scoring wise from this bluefield team. The other team, magnolia had 9 defeats on the season but they believed and played hard and showed up and earned it, congrats to them, that's the reason they have the games. Good fortune to them.!!!

That's the fun thing about basketball tournaments to me, although it's not so fun when it's your team.

good fortune to the players at bluefield and the overall team, managers, coaches, cheerleaders, ect., always proud to be a bluefield beaver and regardless of results I'd be nothing else but a bluefield beaver!

God bless everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

Well we don't have that many pure shooters

[/ QUOTE ]

thats our excuse at graham dont take it away from us lol... i heard dexter was on the foul line with a 1and1 when they were down 1 with about 3 second left and missed the first? the pressure from that in a state game would be awful cause i could just imagine crowd going wild...

good season to bluefield, i must say that they was one of the most exciting teams in high school that i have watched play... i was really hopin for yall to win so i coulda went up to the state game on saturday...

after he missed the one and one. Dexter saw the time run off the clock. He fell to the ground and starting crying and couldnt even get up. His father Mayor Garry Moore had to come pick ihm up. I think he may has fainted or something like that. I felt extremly bad for and still do

I, for the first time in my life...am speechless about what to say for this game...Words cannot describe it

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

after he missed the one and one. Dexter saw the time run off the clock. He fell to the ground and starting crying and couldnt even get up. His father Mayor Garry Moore had to come pick ihm up. I think he may has fainted or something like that. I felt extremly bad for and still do

I, for the first time in my life...am speechless about what to say for this game...Words cannot describe it

[/ QUOTE ]

He has nothing to be ashamed of he is a great player and all of us in Bluefield are proud of him and the other guys.

hell im pretty proud of him and he goes to Bluefield..he made it that far and he is a great athlete...congratulations to him and the rest of the Beavers on a great season...too bad it had to end so early...

Dexter Moore represented Bluefield High with class and grace throughout his four-year career. I hate, hate, hate that his high school career ended like it did with he being the one to miss those free-throws. Knowing what I know about that young though, he'll let that drive him to bigger and better places. If every Bluefield player that laced up their sneakers, put on their shoulder pads, etc. was the type of young man that Dexter is on and off the floor Bluefield High would be blessed. He put his heart and soul into the program for four years just as he puts his heart and soul into his schoolwork. He's a true leader, his leadership and wonderful example of a true student-athlete will be sorely missed at Bluefield when he graduates in June. I wish him, and the other seniors, only the best. Make us proud Dexter, just as you have done for four years.

it shocked us all today....We didn't play the best of games today and it showed in the end...but I just wanna say to Dexter, Kyle, Chance, and Justin you all worked your asses off this season, so keep your head up, and goodluck in the future!!!!!

It really was a shocker though..The three from dexter from half-court was so close to going in..it hit off the inside of the rim and bounced away..we just sat in shock for bout 10-15 minutes, knowing we would never be in the bluefield student section again..Its hard and it sucks...but the ride has been a good one!!! Good Job Beavers!!! You'll always be #1 in my eyes!!

You are exactly right Buzz. I graduated 22 years ago, and have been to Mitchell and most road games every Friday, been at BHS gym and BSC for basketball, and made every trip to Wheeling and Charleston for tournaments. My Son is on the Soccer team so thats another 20+ games I got to attend. Baseball is right around the corner, so as you see we Alumni never rest. It won't be the same for you guys because you wont be sitting in the student section, but you can be there to support future student athletes sitting as close to the student section as you can and being loud.