Bluefield vs. Magnolia 1:00 p.m. Thurs.

bsfoy

the past means nothin, they also had ted talkington on those teams, and he's had several games of getting decent playing time for WVU this season, hit a couple of baskets against UCLA....they're 15-9, u can go on WVSSAC.org and see their schedule, they lost to several ohio teams which i dont know anything about...they lost to weir twice, williamstown and wheeling central which are single A's also beat em

yep. He was from new martinsville. A friend of mine lives up there..

I think bluefield is the only team in AA where there whole starting lineup. I just brought that up, becuase that guy told me talkington could dunk in the 9th grade..haha

if bluefield runs throughout they will run right through this team in my opinion, although they did defeat weir who has some athletes, they won't likely have faced any team with bluefield's speed and athletism. aside from being concernd with overlooking them, and the potential for an upset for some reason, if bluefield plays a good game they should advance without question in my honest opinion. But granted that's the reason they have the games.

I'm not any big basketball fan but I do know that 1 of the big things bluefield does with their pressure is takes other teams out of their games, that's as much of their formula as what they do to score themselves so if they play sound and relentless basketball 1 game at a time they "should" advance in my honest opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Who's all going up to the game??? Im leaving bright and early tm morning!!! Here comes the DAM!! better watch out Magnolia

[/ QUOTE ]i thought i felt a few rain drops earlier, and i hear its supposed to rain at about 1pm t/m in charleston

I may or may not go up on Saturday if they make it to the state finals. There's a chance I could be getting tickets for the NCAA tournament in Winston-Salem on Saturday and if I get them I'm going to W-S to watch the Heels. It would be my 5th Carolina game this season...

[ QUOTE ]

And your going to miss the beavers possibly win a state title for the first time in 10 years? thats stinks rules...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd attend a Carolina game over a Bluefield game any day of the week, especially a NCAA tournament game...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And your going to miss the beavers possibly win a state title for the first time in 10 years? thats stinks rules...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd attend a Carolina game over a Bluefield game any day of the week, especially a NCAA tournament game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow rules... I have been to many Carolina games in my short days, every year since the 8-20 season, where they were 2-2 whle i was in attendance, (that included a 20+ drubbing from wake). I have also seen the good, with two wins over UCONN (once they were ranked #1 in both polls) and both times the fans rushed the court. But there is only 1, i repeat 1 game i would miss for a BHS championship. That one is against a team 8 miles down the road. But maybe im biased cause im still in high school, but still have just a little more passion for my beavers...

[ QUOTE ]

He really makes me angry...Watching an Automatic win for his Tar-Heels over watching his alma-mater celebrate a state title...Douchebag....

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call the Michigan St./Marquette winner an automatic win for Carolina. In fact, none of the #1 seeds will have an automatic win in the second round.