• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I am working on mine now.

How is Duke a 6?

I am loving Georgetown right now!!

LBSU will upset UT.

GT will beat UNLV, and then get swamped by Wisconsin.

How are they a 10 seed?

How did Syracuse not get in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke is a 6 because of the name "Duke" and "Coach K"

LBSU will NOT upset UT, remember Lofton.

Don't overestimate Wisconsin either, there big man is out and if you stop Alondo Tucker, anyone can beat them.

[ QUOTE ]

how did NC State not get in or WVU?

[/ QUOTE ]

NC State because there record was terrible, three ACC tournament wins doesn't guarantee a NCAA tourney spot if you were terrible half of the year.

WVU had NO good wins. They beat UCLA but UCLA didn't have their PG.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NC State because there record was terrible, three ACC tournament wins doesn't guarantee a NCAA tourney spot if you were terrible half of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU had good wins..it dosent matter if they had him or not they still beat UCLA...they beat Villanova..Uconn when they were #9 i believe..but we all seen how their season ended..Big East is tough..i have a feeling Georgetown is gona get it...and the NIT final will be WVU vs Syracuse

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU had good wins..it dosent matter if they had him or not they still beat UCLA...they beat Villanova..Uconn when they were #9 i believe..but we all seen how their season ended..Big East is tough..i have a feeling Georgetown is gona get it...and the NIT final will be WVU vs Syracuse

[/ QUOTE ]

If WVU had good wins then why are they playing in the NIT?

Please people, can we just have one thread where there is not a WVU discussion.

Half the people on the board think they should be in, half think they shouldn't, just get over it.

They aren't it, don't worry about it.

Anyway, I am really liking G'Town after they dominated Pitt in the Big East Championship.

I don't think UNC will do much as long as Hansbrough has the mask, they need his points.

I still think Texas A&M has a great shot at the title, they have the PTP who can make the shots in Law and a good veteran team.

Sorry Ben, but no way Texas does anything this year.

They are a good team, young, but still good.

BUT they lack endurance, Durant was about to die in the Kansas State game and in Kansas game.

He actually told Barnes that he couldn't play the whole game if they were going to full-court press.

They lack the stamina to win 6 games.

I agree there, but as someone stated on ESPN, Kevin Durant is good enough to win the first 2 games by himself. If he can get some help, from someone other than Augustin, they got a good shot of knocking off someone else. Especially if Durant is on, like he had been the past few games. I got them knockin off UNC on my bracket.

[ QUOTE ]

Please people, can we just have one thread where there is not a WVU discussion.

Half the people on the board think they should be in, half think they shouldn't, just get over it.

They aren't it, don't worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't know if you noticed, but this is a discussion board from the Southwest Virginia area, and schools that influence the area will be talked about a little more, hence the more discussion about WVU, Tech, and a little UVA.

[ QUOTE ]

The Selection Commitee(sp?) fell in love with all of the mid majors after George Masons run last year..thats why

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong!

there were only 6 mid majors selected for at large bids, the lowest total in awhile. WVU had a rebuilding year and wasn't good enough for the tournament this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Selection Commitee(sp?) fell in love with all of the mid majors after George Masons run last year..thats why

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong!

there were only 6 mid majors selected for at large bids, the lowest total in awhile. WVU had a rebuilding year and wasn't good enough for the tournament this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Fewer mid-majors got in this year, 6, than has gotten in over the past 8 years. Also, an interesting fact I heard about WVU yesterday morning on ESPN. Out of the 21 wins, 13 came against teams with an RPI of 151 or lower. WVU didn't get in because their non-conference schedule was horrible, somewhere in the mid-200s. Imagine how low it would have been without UCLA...

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry Ben, but no way Texas does anything this year.

They are a good team, young, but still good.

BUT they lack endurance, Durant was about to die in the Kansas State game and in Kansas game.

He actually told Barnes that he couldn't play the whole game if they were going to full-court press.

They lack the stamina to win 6 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so confident. The unpredictability of this tourny is the reason everyone loves it, hence the name "March Madness".

Every prediction is purely speculation, that is why it is great.

I just don't think Texas is mature enough to do much this year.

If Durant were to stay one more year(not gonna happen) they would easily be favored next year.

I am looking forward to the potential UNC UT matchup in the Sweet Sixteen.

Two very young teams who have the potential to do some damage in the years to come.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why the tourney has a total of six "mid-majors" in it this year. This year in CBB was nothing but parity from the top down. UConn win is not impressive even though they were in the Top 10 when you beat them because they didn't even make the Big East Tourney.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why the tourney has a total of six "mid-majors" in it this year. This year in CBB was nothing but parity from the top down. UConn win is not impressive even though they were in the Top 10 when you beat them because they didn't even make the Big East Tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah hoss we already covered this.

Ah man, I so have tournament fever. I can't wait for it to start TOMORROW!! It's gonna be a big day. Gonna be some big upsets, shakeups, close calls, and everything else that goes into making March a time of complete Madness. I saw this quote, which, the more i think about it could happen:

When VCU fought back for that incredible win against George Mason last week, I remember thinking to myself, "I love these guys! I hope they go against a team I don't like in Round 1!" Six days later, the Rams are an 11-seed going against Duke. You have to love March Madness. This will be the heart-wrenching loss that causes Josh McRoberts to break down like Dr. Meredith Grey after watching a handsome fireman succumb to third-degree burns.

Duke, yeah, they're having a down year. It's not a slim chance by any means that they get put out of the tourney in the first round.

I'm gonna be looking for Winthrop to make a splash. They're a really solid mid major that is just waiting to stir up some dust in the tournament. Also, Long Beach State, who has already been mentioned on here, is gonna beat Tennessee and UVA.

Although I can't guarantee you on these picks, I can guarantee you one thing: It's gonna be a GREAT March.