Proposed New Divisions for Class A Virginia Schools.

babyblue

I found this on Va Preps... It looks good for the small schools...

Division 1

Castlewood, Rye Cove, Twin Springs, Ervinton, St. Paul, Twin Valley, Council, JI Burton, Appalachia, Hurley, Pound, Thomas Walker

Division 2

Lebanon, Lee High, Va High, John Battle, Gate City, Powell Valley, JJ Kelly, Coeburn, Honaker, Haysi, Clintwood

Does anyone have the breakdown for Regions A, B and C ???

anybody have thought about this???

Heres my 2 cents. First, It'll be fair for the small schools to not have to play the Gate Citys or Lee High's. But, then again it'll be watering down being called State Champion. How will this effect players getting looked at for college scholorships?

To me it'd been better to reclassify and have a 4A system. Because if you do all three current classifications as Div 1 and Div 2.. you'll have 6 State Champions??? Wow... For boys and girls!

Am i correct on this??

bb - that line-up is a guess. No definite dividing point has been set yet... which may be why no one's talking about the other 3 Regions - they know better.

p - could be. Only Group A will be split the 1st year - they're the "test" group. So next year Va will have 3 Groups, 6 Divisions, and 4 state champs in b'ball. What a joke. I've said for a long time that if the enrollments are so far apart that we need to split football in half, just split'em all and make 4 or 5 Groups and forget all this "enrollment" and "power points" ****.

They just need get rid of the current districts and regions anyway. Go to 6 "true" classes in football with its own districts and regions and 4 for other sports with their own districts and regions. Thats the only fair and straight way to fix things.